Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys here's the deal, i found this ad on craigslist for this 2007 Dodge Charger Hemi. The owner said that it needs an engine flush and a little body work, and these repairs should cost $1500-$2000. If that is true, and if the car is running strong, is it worth it for me to go and fix it and maybe sell for profit? Here below is the link. Thanks!

Mileage is 58,000

2007 Dodge Charger HEMI

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
if its too good to be true... then it is

Bring some one who knows a lot about cars with you. I rebuild cars for fun, and can tell you it sounds very iffy to me already

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'd bUy the car, swap the motor in and replace my V6, and build a 392 outta of it!!
And sell the rest of the car for parts!

·
Registered
66 Posts
That sounds too good. If you want someone to go check it out with you, let me know. I work in Torrance as well. the pictures are very good, so I would at least go check it out and see what is up with it. Anyone who says an engine just needs to be flushed, doesn't know what is wrong with it and may not even run.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
i dont think its a scam. looks like its a tow yard. im thinking it could be a lien sale vehicle. OR has a salvage title from it being vandalized. also wanna know why he says engine needs flushed.

looked up the number and he was selling an 07 salvaged audi last year with rear damage too, so im 95% sure its at a yard, and prolly salvaged.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Wholesale on the car if it is perfect with a clear title is around $16500-17500. Something major is wrong with it for sure if it is not a scam. Also, look how the rear end is sitting. If I'm not mistaken, those never had air ride suspension.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It definitely looks like it is in a salvage yard of some sort.

From the look of how it is sitting, the front end looks like it is sitting at stock height if not higher, makes me wonder is under the hood. As for the rear, that is about where a 2" spring would make this thing sit with stock 18" wheels on it. I install suspension for alot of the local LX guys and it very well could have had an air bag kit installed. That may be why the front is up and the rear is down.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Don't even bother, the price is way to low and the damages are possible 6k or up if there is some real body damage (hood looks to be open). There is no way this car doens't have a serious issue. I helped someone purchase a Charger and I gained quiet a bit of experience while I was scouring private lots and dealers after a nice car.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Might have been a joy ride and they did beat the hell out of it. The interioi color comba and modifications do not look that good anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts