Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I'm looking to take my first steps into the world of exotics moving from an E92 M3 and 996 Turbo.

The Gallardo Balboni edition (28,000km, e-gear) is on my top-list and I'm wondering if it's "Worth it" for the driver who doesn't track the car often (if at all) ?

The other contenders are a 997 Turbo, 997 GT3, Ferrari F430

What do you guys think? Does anyone own one?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I don't own a Balboni Edition, but you won't regret it. I also owned an E93 M3 and 965 Turbo. I currently have a 2006 Gallardo 6 Speed. It is a superb and easy to drive exotic. Definitely "worth it". It's a different experience than Porsche ownership. I like the F430 also, but there is just something about the Lambo.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I'll hopefully be able to drive the Ferrari and Lamborghini back to back this weakend. I've driven all the Porsche's which are outstanding but I do feel as though I'd like to move to an exotic more than "another Porsche".

The price of the Lambo is the selling point for me, $180,000NZ, whereas an 09 560-4 is $185K with similar spec.

·
Registered
861 Posts
HI CAV...

You already have a M3 and a Porsche Turbo would NOT get another one...

F430 vs Balboni...

Well, I own a Balboni...so I am biased...

GET THE BALBONI...in the US, I know of 3 Balbonis for sale
$140K
$165K
and
$180K

Good luck...

Hi everyone

I'm looking to take my first steps into the world of exotics moving from an E92 M3 and 996 Turbo.

The Gallardo Balboni edition (28,000km, e-gear) is on my top-list and I'm wondering if it's "Worth it" for the driver who doesn't track the car often (if at all) ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How have you found it as a car? Do you drive it often? Would it stand up to daily use?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi everyone

The cars you mention above are serious drivers cars...which are awesome.

What are you looking for...handling, straight line speed, daily driving, show?

With a budget of $180k I'd get a Scud all day long.

/thread.

(Oh s*#*t just saw this is in the Lambo section)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scud … Still $220K+ here unfortunately :|
Just engagement with the car I guess. A bit of everything! After coming from the 996 Turbo don't think much can touch the straight-line speed.. Not in my price range at least.

·
Registered
861 Posts
2010 LP550-2 Balboni
Arancio Borealis
Will be 4 years old next month
20,000 miles...
No problems other than annual service.
:)

How have you found it as a car? Do you drive it often? Would it stand up to daily use?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone

Are you looking at this one?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Damn I wish Australia didn't have such bullshit import laws, you guys in NZ are getting decent deals on your cars!

Also that car is gorgeous :)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
sorry for the stupid question but what makes the Balboni different than a regular gallardo or a superleggera? cause for me I would choose the superleggera

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have you ever driven a lambo op?

The noise alone is worth the cash coupled with the 6 spd manual it's immense I absolutely love the gearshift and everything about the gallardo

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Supposedly the Balboni is lighter than the superleggera as well ... can anyone confirm this?
I believe the Superleggera is actually lighter then the Balboni. The dry weight of the Superleggera is 2,954lb and the Balboni 3,042lb. Balboni is lighter then the standard LP-560 by 67lb.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn I wish Australia didn't have such bullshit import laws, you guys in NZ are getting decent deals on your cars!

Also that car is gorgeous :)

I know! A while back when I had an E46 M3 which I bought for just $35K, "poorer" examples with much higher mileage were $50K AUD!
Looking now, 150,000kms + and still $35K AUD. Jeeze!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have you ever driven a lambo op?

The noise alone is worth the cash coupled with the 6 spd manual it's immense I absolutely love the gearshift and everything about the gallardo
OP's choice isn't a manual

1 - 20 of 27 Posts