Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger, but I'm blown away with all the options.. You can pretty much price these things however you want -- my question to other owners out there, what are the *must have* options in a 458?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
that just made my day lol. post pics when you buy it (and the fire extinguisher just for laughs :D) !!!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Actually, if you want to "really" put out these fires, you want to do a whole car system with a large tank. A hand held unit is useless in the time it takes to unlatch it from the passenger side and then pop the rear bonnet. I'd rather have the system where the nozzels are already in position in the likely areas where the fire will occur and just hit the large red knob on the dash or center console. No need to do anything more than to pull the "pin". Rear bonnet stays shut (as it should) and you can get away from your car as the unit does it's thing; really, if you had a nice fire in the back and you had an extinguisher in your hands, you couldn't get close enough to begin with, unless you got to the fire in the very early stages. I've "felt" a couple of car fires.... through my own car! I thought the paint on my car was going to blister. Felt the heat right through my closed window. And I was 6-8 ft. away.

But yeah, get some kind of fire suppression system.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Let the mofo burn... who wants a "car faxed 458" with a fire story? Fk the extinguisher... just keep a stick behind the seat and a bag of marshmallows

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
^^^ I think David above is one of the first guys to get his, I agree The Auto Lift is a must and the carbon interior pieces really add to the look of the car. Also Steve ordered one which shall be coming in March might want to hit him up directly and ask a few questions.

But most importantly what color are you getting?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
90% Rossa Corsa, def getting the shields.. Tan interior.. Not sure about the rest.

What's with all the fire extinguisher jokes? did I miss something on this car :) ?? Do they start on fire?

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
^ kinda.....

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
^^^ Google is your friend ;)

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
The interior options are essentially endless. All I can say is, have fun speccing.
Depending on interior color, I actually really like the option for the thin stripe down the seats if you get contrasting stitching in the same color as well.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Congrats on the decision, i know you've made up your mind already but i'd go for a white exterior and red interior if i were you :whistle:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do love it in white, but Ferrari is just so red.. I can't shake the feeling I need to go red.

Not there yet -- but hopefully by late December I'll make the final decision.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts