Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love cars... I only really shoot cars... and one thing I really really struggle with is interiors, they are hard to shoot.

I'd love to hear any tips for shooting car interiors!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
wide angle photos shot from the backseat where you can see all of the dashboard/door panels/some of the front seats

and

photos from a distance shot with a tele-zoom that shows some parts of the interior

^these always look good to me- as a viewer :) But I think if the lighting is right anything looks good

·
Registered
588 Posts
A trick that someone showed me was to use a remote flash and put it inside the passenger side footwell.

When car companies hire photographers to do interior spreads on production models they will use cars that are literally cut away on one side. No door, 1/4 of the roof missing, no B pillar, etc. Getting your own shots to look like brochure photos will be very tough/frustrating because those photographers have advantages you simply can't replicate, unless you have a sawz-all.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yea, interior are tough. I always seem to have the best luck out of direct sunlight, whether it be in from an overcast day, shade from a building, or underneath a parking structure. Then all you have to do is use a fairly long shutter and use lights as fill. It's how I did this one of the nsx's interior, granted a NSX interior is pretty easy to shoot because of how little the cockpit actually is.

same thing with this civic.

·
Registered
479 Posts
those are really nice photos

1 - 15 of 15 Posts