Luxury4Play.com banner

Shoe Trees

4K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  Von Helman 
#1 ·
Yes, No?

#8 ·
i just started using them for my "nicer" pairs. a friend just told me that because they are made of cedar, they leave the shoe smelling fresh. also, after some use, sand the shoe trees down to make em fresh again. i bought my allen edmonds from amazon.com

#17 ·
shoe trees are a must. and like the guy said above me, you lightly sand them for a better scent.

#19 ·
Yes shoe trees that are wood are the best ones, and recommended fro all nice dress shoes and these are the benefits of good quality wood shoe trees.

1). Helps preserve the form of the leather shoe and extends a shoes life by 2-3 times

2). The cedar does help make them smell good but the real reason for cedar is to absorb foot moisture that is left over after wearing leather shoes all day,

3). The Cedar also repels moths and other bugs in closets, thus you see Cedar lined closets in nicer homes.

So buying plastic shoe trees will only help preserve the form of the leather shoe but they don't address the moisture issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.