Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good stuff, just picked up a pair of Allen Edmonds, and want them to stay looking fresh. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't believe there is actually a shoe tree wiki LOL

but here is what they are ,

·
Registered
143 Posts
next question... do you buy one for all your shoes or buy a few and rotate around to your shoes? i currently only have one that i rotate around...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
i just started using them for my "nicer" pairs. a friend just told me that because they are made of cedar, they leave the shoe smelling fresh. also, after some use, sand the shoe trees down to make em fresh again. i bought my allen edmonds from amazon.com

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Love them and the smell of cedar. I use a pair in all my shoes and I'm religious about it comparable to my use of wood hangers and not the wire ones

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Love them and the smell of cedar. I use a pair in all my shoes and I'm religious about it comparable to my use of wood hangers and not the wire ones
+1 trees in every pair, you pay big$$$ for shoes I want to keep them looking good and lasting as long as possiable. Trees are cheap, just figure them into the price of a new pair as a must. I am a wooden hanger nut to!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
No wire hangers!!! :D

I rotate my shoe tree's. Keep them in a pair for a few days after each use.

·
Registered
39 Posts
dress shoes only or sneakers too? i recall my dad using them with his dress shoes, but i don't remember about the sneakers. they were easy for him to buy though too. he wears a size twelve and i fifteen lol.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
shoe trees are a must. and like the guy said above me, you lightly sand them for a better scent.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes shoe trees that are wood are the best ones, and recommended fro all nice dress shoes and these are the benefits of good quality wood shoe trees.

1). Helps preserve the form of the leather shoe and extends a shoes life by 2-3 times

2). The cedar does help make them smell good but the real reason for cedar is to absorb foot moisture that is left over after wearing leather shoes all day,

3). The Cedar also repels moths and other bugs in closets, thus you see Cedar lined closets in nicer homes.

So buying plastic shoe trees will only help preserve the form of the leather shoe but they don't address the moisture issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts