Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

An architect / builder buddy of mine inherited a few old shipping containers. He has always wanted a "man cave" garage and hangout place so he went ahead and did rehab and insulation in preparation to do a cool garage buildout. Other people have started to see what he is doing and asked if he could build one for them.

For most applications, a proper foundation would have to be poured. He has a civil engineer ensuring building codes are met.

What do you guys think? Is there a market out there for a turn-key garage that you can just buy and have dropped onto your property?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Me and my brothers were actually looking to buy some shipping containers and do our ''chalet'' like that.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
With proper marketing I think there is definitely an opportunity with this. Do you have any images/renders of what he would do? This could even be something you share with a prefab home company as a cheap and easy garage addition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With proper marketing I think there is definitely an opportunity with this. Do you have any images/renders of what he would do? This could even be something you share with a prefab home company as a cheap and easy garage addition.
Great idea with the prefab home package! He does not have renderings yet, I will update as his project continues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a "mall" in Vegas, near Freemont Street in the artist district that uses this construction method....looks kinda neat in that area.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I know building small homes out of containers has become a bit of a trend - I don't see why garages couldn't as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know building small homes out of containers has become a bit of a trend - I don't see why garages couldn't as well.
Yes, very interesting trend in deed. Seems a lot of "hipsters" like to do it. Pretty interesting to see where people take their homes these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts