Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Shipped my car from La to Atlanta using a company that had good ratings and they hired this really small unprofessional company to ship my car and they damaged my car, i took the car to get an estimate of how much the damage would cost and it was over $1500 and this small company is refusing to pay, they are saying that it doesnt cost that much and they are really unprofessional, what should i do

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I Shipped my car from La to Atlanta using a company that had good ratings and they hired this really small unprofessional company to ship my car and they damaged my car, i took the car to get an estimate of how much the damage would cost and it was over $1500 and this small company is refusing to pay, they are saying that it doesnt cost that much and they are really unprofessional, what should i do
Tell them if it doesnt cost that much for them to find a place and pay for it, i cant stand stuff like this.. did you have to sign anything saying that if something happen to your car it wouldnt be their responsibility?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Tell them if it doesnt cost that much for them to find a place and pay for it, i cant stand stuff like this.. did you have to sign anything saying that if something happen to your car it wouldnt be their responsibility?
You want to be careful with that. They might hire bob's uncle to do the job and he may do it poorly. Now he has a bigger problem.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I mean no offense by this post but,

I would get off the forum and start making calls.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Also I am shipping a car from California to Florida tomorrow and the buyer has hired a broker to arrange a driver,

I am worried they will have a driver that could care less and damage the car, like this situation!

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
^Seriously. Get on the phone with all parties involved...and If you paid by credit card, run a charge back.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Had a similar issue in the past. Talk to the carrier. They should have done a pre-load inspection of the car and noted any imperfections on the car. I would talk to them and fax them a couple estimate from various shops you would want to perform the repair work so they can see the costs. If they refuse to pay the cost I would advise them you will contact an attorney, the better business bureau and will post negative feedback for online review sites for their business.

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
^Good point about online sites...a great thing to to is see if they have a FB page and twitter account. When I had an issue with my Cooper, I hit both the dealers FB page and Mini USA twitter feed...got results.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've spoken to both the original company and the small company, the small company is saying trying to get out of it, i filed A claim with their insurance, then they called me saying that it was under their deductible and that they would have to cover it out of pocket, i took the car to 2 different body shops one estimate was $2000 and the other was $1500
then i called them they said their driver would be in atlanta so i told him to meet me at the body shop so he could hear the estimate from the professional and they came a spoke with the body shop manager and still they are saying that they would only pay $300 for the damage, then i called the main company and the weren't able to accomplish anything with this company

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
sounds like you are letting them walk all over you. They damaged your car, they should pay for it. If it costs 1500-2000 to fix, thats what they need to pay you. If they refuse or argue that, contact an attorney.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds like you are letting them walk all over you. They damaged your car, they should pay for it. If it costs 1500-2000 to fix, thats what they need to pay you. If they refuse or argue that, contact an attorney.
taking them to court is what will be my next step, im trying to find an alternative or a easier way to handle it, its not enough money to hire an attorney

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Im confused, why aren't they willing to pay?

The big company sounds responsible.

Did they disclose to you that they were going to sub contract the smaller company?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Have you called your own insurance company? They would most likely help and pay for it but go after the transport company for the money. This would be the fastest and easiest way.

Curious to see the damage and why they think it costs $300 to fix. PM me more details.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats actually what i did and that seems to be the best way to handle it. The company "DBN Carrier" they are the small company and they came and took a picture of the damage and sent it to some random body shop and said the damage was $300 even though the 2 estimates that i got were $1,500 and $2000 they may know some sort of magic body shop.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Or theyre gonna let ol' uncle Bubba fix your car in his backyard shed!

Reactions: LA style

·
Gold Sponsor
1,281 Posts
Advise from me... I have some knowledge of shipping cars.
If you signed off their delivery docs without notes, you are screwed ( hate to put it that way)

Call their insurance company and file a claim. The original company you booked it with should have coverage as well. Are they a broker?

shoot me an email and I will tell you what else to do
[email protected]

·
Registered
390 Posts
You beat me to the punch George, I was gonna ask him to message me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts