Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a thread over in the culinary section, a few members started talking about fishing for shark and posting pics..

So, heres the thread I threatened to start over it..

I want to do some deepsea fishing this fall. Will travel to florida or texas only.

Can anyone recommend a trip?

Post pics or info about the trips youve been on, lets see whats up!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I dont go any "trips" but I do go fish for sharks all the time..sometimes even in my baja outlaw lol....I have great luck with hammerheads during the summer on waters near the san louis pass near galveston.
used to do 15 miles east of the flower gardens again hammers.
my main game is hammers and shortfin makos...some bullsharks but that rare...watched my dad hook a great white in south africa which tore a cable line in less than 5 seconds!! the guide estimated the shark was close to 18 feet long!!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, I could make it to Galveston for a weekend trip almost anytime.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
alabama is good to from what I have heard...my wifes family is alabamanese and they catch shark left and right.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Texas is amazing for Shark fishing from what I've seen. Also, FL's coastlines are littered with big...BIG tigers and hammers. heres a few from this summer, my first real summer of Sharkin'...2011 with be game on!

(I was on the boat for this one)

I'll have to rep the 4 next catch!

·
Registered
52 Posts
just noticed I posted a wrong picture, but I'll leave it up cause its kinda bada**...the top right isnt my catch, but it was caught by a friend, and also from land.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Is it possible to stuff the shark after you've catched it?

Imagine havin a full blown great white in your living room and be able to say that you catched it yourself! :D

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
you can take it to a taxadermist...I know they stuff other fish....what I do know is...we always bleed our sharks as soon as we catch em. I also use a cattle prod on em to not get bit.

·
Registered
633 Posts
alabama is good to from what I have heard...my wifes family is alabamanese and they catch shark left and right.
Orange beach and Gulf Shores has some of the best charter boats on the coast and once you hit the water it is all the same. Those guys work fishing rodeos up and down the gulf coast.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Is it possible to stuff the shark after you've catched it?

Imagine havin a full blown great white in your living room and be able to say that you catched it yourself! :D
yes - it's expensive. my dad is a licensed taxidermist in Maine. We have a number of fish in the studio.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Went, what you would call deep sea fishing off of Wake Island (google it, coolest place ever). 20 bucks in a boat i thought was gonna sink with a Thailand guide that knew no english. It was a BLAST. Weren't fishing for shark but caught a small one. That little trip was awesome. I'm in the Air Force and ended up on Wake Island when one of our F-22's broke on our way to Japan. Only got to stay a day and a half but it was AWESOME and i will never forget it.

Aaron

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I did some deap see fishing in southern florida. I also did some spear fishing in the carribean. much more fun

1 - 16 of 16 Posts