Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2010 silverado ext. cab. The only box I can find for it that will run two 10's requires "Shallow Mount Subs"

Im looking at the kickers now, has anyone had good luck with them? How do the shallow mount, short throw subs sound?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I would go with JL TW5 all day (its a 13 sub thats as wide as a 12 and is smaller in depth than an 8). I like clean, tight bass and I've had multiple JL products from W3s (in the daily) to a W7 in the camaro and loved it. I've heard the TW5 subs in a standard cab Silverado and was impressed. Do you plan to mount under the rear seats or behind the rear seats?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Alpine SWR-T10's are phenomenal. I put one in a JL Stealthbox in my C6 Corvette. The JL-W1 wouldn't handle the power I was putting to it from just a 500/1. The Alpine makes more bass and handles the power just fine. They are pricey, though.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have some earthquake sws 8 in my e90 335 and they bump really well for only having a 500watt 2ohm amp.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would go with JL TW5 all day (its a 13 sub thats as wide as a 12 and is smaller in depth than an 8). I like clean, tight bass and I've had multiple JL products from W3s (in the daily) to a W7 in the camaro and loved it. I've heard the TW5 subs in a standard cab Silverado and was impressed. Do you plan to mount under the rear seats or behind the rear seats?
Theyll be under the rear seats..

·
Registered
658 Posts
KENWOOD are great for the price, but the alpine are the best. I carry both. If interested pm me and i can give you the special L4P price on them.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Technically you don't need shallow-mount subs

we fit the impossible in Silverados

12" kicker L7's under the bench seats, etc

take a picture and figure out what subs you want to run, I can help you out

·
Registered
62 Posts
JL's are what I would recommend. You could also put a pair of JL 10W1 under there w/out issue. Or just go with one of their stealth boxes.

I've also done a couple trucks with Digital Design 1500 8's under the rear seat (foward firing) that got down!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Someone mentioned to me that RE Audio makes a sub that is pretty shallow, anyone have any info on that? Like the OP Im trying to find subs that will fit in my 09 Harley 250 Crew.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I had 2- 10" MTX in my 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi, they were awesome! Just enough thump. In my Lightning I had 2 10"-MTX pre-amped subs in an MTX ThunderForm Box and that was great for the cab size. I recommend them.

but for my GS, I will be doing a JL system, have JL audio in our boat and it ROCKS!

·
Registered
14 Posts
JL 13TW5

the alpine type R shallow subs are both nice find somewhere you can listen to them both all the shallow kenwood subs i see dont even handle as much power as these do. ive heard them both and prefer the JL
JL 13TW5
power range: 100-600 watts RMS
peak power handling: 1,200 watts
frequency response: 20-200 Hz
sensitivity: 85.87 dB
sealed box volume: 0.8 cubic feet
warranty: 1 year

Alpine Type R Shallow
12" 4-ohm shallow-mount subwoofer
aluminum cone with Santoprene rubber surround
cast aluminum frame with radial finned heat sink
frequency response: 26-200 Hz
power handling: 300-600 watts RMS
peak power: 1,800 watts
sensitivity: 84 dB
top-mount depth: 3-1/2"
warranty: 1 year

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just happen to be in this industry and I can't say enough about JLs products. In a sealed enclosure with less than 1 cubic foot of space, they still put out phenominal sound. I would never put kicker or mtx in any of my cars. Just my .02.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts