Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the opportunity to borrow a SevenFriday P1-1 for a few days so decided to take a few pics and write a review about this piece that seems to be getting more and more popular on Instagram each day.

For more photos and for my full review please visit Life of a WIS.

Enjoy!

What do you guys think of the brand and models?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Neat lookin'. Has a cool mid-century modern vibe. I did click on and read your review and I feel you were spot-on in the assessments. From the photos, I couldn't immediately gather if it were displaying 9:23, or 4:46. Or maybe it's 11:23 or 11:46? The hands should be more pronounced somehow. Lack of lume is unacceptable, agree on that front. Same with Swiss movement. Strap was nice but uninspiring, also agree.

Cool watch, lot of promise. Needs a second edition with those things addressed. Solid review!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
100% fashion watch, IMO, but the hype that surrounds these pieces is unbelievable. I know everyone from newcomers to serious collectors that own them. I don't care for the "Swiss" labeling debacle or the movement that's used; however, I'll probably end up with one at some point soon. Aesthetically, I much prefer the P-series over the M-series.

·
Registered
610 Posts
This was the first I'd heard of them (I like watches but I don't actively follow the trade). I dug around the last hour or so and I think I figured it out.

They're just completely nailing on the marketing front. Simple as that. Many a great product goes unnoticed due to lackluster promotion. And, ala' Apple, mediocre products well promoted and cleverly articulated to the buying public can simply write their own fortunes.

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neat lookin'. Has a cool mid-century modern vibe. I did click on and read your review and I feel you were spot-on in the assessments. From the photos, I couldn't immediately gather if it were displaying 9:23, or 4:46. Or maybe it's 11:23 or 11:46? The hands should be more pronounced somehow. Lack of lume is unacceptable, agree on that front. Same with Swiss movement. Strap was nice but uninspiring, also agree.

Cool watch, lot of promise. Needs a second edition with those things addressed. Solid review!
Thank you! In the first photo the time reads 11:50.

100% fashion watch, IMO, but the hype that surrounds these pieces is unbelievable. I know everyone from newcomers to serious collectors that own them. I don't care for the "Swiss" labeling debacle or the movement that's used; however, I'll probably end up with one at some point soon. Aesthetically, I much prefer the P-series over the M-series.
I don't like it, personally. More of a traditionalist.
latest releases from this year are much sicker in my opinion
Yes I like their new M-Series more too I think...

This was the first I'd heard of them (I like watches but I don't actively follow the trade). I dug around the last hour or so and I think I figured it out.

They're just completely nailing on the marketing front. Simple as that. Many a great product goes unnoticed due to lackluster promotion. And, ala' Apple, mediocre products well promoted and cleverly articulated to the buying public can simply write their own fortunes.
Could not agree more with you... basically @watchanish made them famous IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts