Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They just e-mailed me this new content.

In its journey through industrialization, SEVENFRIDAY took this time its inspiration from machines & robots. As fascinating pieces of engineering they stimulated the imagination of our designers.

KUKA robotics, the world’s leading supplier of industrial high-tech robots, immediately appeared as the perfect reference. SEVENFRIDAY strongly identifies itself to the constant quest for innovation of the german firm. The specific and highly recognizable orange color of KUKA products gave the P1/3 its own.

SEVENFRIDAY went further with 2 colors declinations (blue and green) and offers now 3 colored models in which our designers tried to imprison the exciting energy generated by these captivating machines.

SEVENFRIDAY’s watches consist of two integral elements – the Box and the Interface. The box – made of stainless steel- is a complex constructed and protecting casing. The shape and style lies between modernity and classic and creates an exciting atmosphere. The case is surrounded by the animation ring made of different material catering additionally to the haptic and visual senses of the products respective universe.

In the box you find the interface which consists of hands, discs, dial and the automatic Myiota 82S7 movement, dubbed “the small truck”, and considered as an almost tireless caliber. The indicators are designed and arranged in way to bring the complexity of the movement to the surface. The dial alone is made of 5 separate pieces / layers with eleven different applications. The complex construction attracts and fascinates the spectator and makes checking the time a new.

A variety of materials, finishing and colors completes the uniqueness of the collection and takes the user on a tour of ongoing discoveries.

Automations P1_3 orange, P1_4 blue, P1_5 green are available by early December

·
Registered
936 Posts
there is only one complaint i have about their watch line.

not all of them are water resistant. only some of them are.

I have been following them for a while, cool watches.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Seven Friday has some cool watches but i am still iffy about them. Never seen one in person, maybe that would change my mind.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I like that they are unique but there are other watches I rather have in the same price range

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
SF is unique, in a deceptive way--uses the same movement as many brands that offer their pieces at 1/3 of the price, while branding themselves as "Swiss" (I understand the debate) and using mineral glass.

I'm no watch snob or purist; just not for me. Many will purchase for the design and pay the asking price.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
SF is unique, in a deceptive way--uses the same movement as many brands that offer their pieces at 1/3 of the price, while branding themselves as "Swiss" (I understand the debate) and using mineral glass.

I'm no watch snob or purist; just not for me. Many will purchase for the design and pay the asking price.
They use decorated Miyota movements. I'm not sure what or who gave you the impression that they label themselves as "Swiss"...
The creator of the brand is Swiss, and that's really as far as they take the "Swiss" approach.

The build quality is pretty good. They feel sturdy and are made with quality materials. I do agree that they are priced much too high. The design is clever, but by no means complicated. I feel like they are ever so slightly above fashion watches...more of a fashion statement rather than a timepiece

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
They use decorated Miyota movements. I'm not sure what or who gave you the impression that they label themselves as "Swiss"...
The creator of the brand is Swiss, and that's really as far as they take the "Swiss" approach.
Probably because the dial of the P1-P3 says "Zurich" on it. I'm well aware of the movement that SF uses.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I see how that can potentially be deceiving, but I think the majority (or maybe I'm just naive) of buyers know that simply by putting "Zurich" on the dial does not mean they are Swiss Made. Same can be said of designers that put New York, London, Tokyo, etc. and make their clothing in China...

I'm actually not surprised they are doing as well as they are. They seem to have some bright minds behind the brand. I missed the event that they held when they were here in LA, but a buddy attended and was impressed.

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
An interesting point to make is that most of the people who are buying these watches are not new to watches.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
have one of them, love it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts