Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about this setup:

Hasselblad H4D-40 Ferrari Edition. Numbered 1-499.

Price to play: only $29,499

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Hasselblad cameras are some of the nicest equipment in the world. If you have the opportunity to shoot with one or even hold it for a moment I would take it no matter what.

I was wondering how long it would take for them to do some sort of collaborative piece though. With cameras that start at $20K and only get more expensive it makes sense

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I shot with Hasselblad and Carl Zeiss lens for many years. Once I switched to digital, I couldn't justify the cost, nor did I have the clients for what it is capable of producing. I would love to get back to Medium format digital.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dooope. Definitely for the ubber baller. I don't know too many famous pro-photographers, who own Ferrari's, that would dish out the cash for one of these though.

Most guys I know just rent them for specific gigs.

I'm digging the color scheme.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Generally this type of camera is used for Fashion photography. Or when extreme high resolution is required.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
but what in it makes it so take such high relolute pictures compared to say, a run of the mill slr?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Size of the sensor. If you think of it in terms of traditional film camera. It would be the equivalent of the negative. Where 35mm film is 24mmx36mm, Medium format is 2-1/4".

It is easy to get fooled in the digital world. For example an 8MP sensor in a Camera phone is much smaller than an 8MP sensor in a Point & Shoot Camera, and that same 8MP sensor in a Digital SLR would be much bigger. Holding more information.

Hope that doesn't confuse the matter any further.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts