Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently while I was out of town I was somehow elected to be the planner for our shops trip to SEMA Not exactly sure why they decided to toss it to the new kid, especially considering I have never been to SEMA let alone Vegas before. Now since this has been decided and set in stone I need some recommendations if at all possible.

So basically if you have any recommendations in regards to hotels, restaurants, things to do outside of sema please post them.

I have a few ideas but I also know that the l4p family seems to always have some inside knowledge of the best things so wanted to check here.

Thanks everyone,

Oh yea this is likely better in travel but since it's auto related and this is a more popular forum hopefully raw and mtk will let it slip... :whistle:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I live in Vegas, and I can tell you that there are a ton of options. I recommend to most everyone that comes out here with a group, to rent a house for the week. It's 1000 times better than any hotel, and the price split between everyone is cheap.

HomeAway Vacation Rentals: Beach Houses, Condos, Cabins, Villas & Vacation Rental Homes

Check that link and you'll see some amazing mansions for rent for the week. Of course you'd want to toss in a rental car (SUV if you have a lot of people) but in the end, you'd save money. PM me if you need more info, or info besides that. I'd be happy to chat with you and help you get your Vegas plans setup.

J

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considered it, a bit hard to commit to a house rental when were there just a few short days. We're a small group for this event, so i just can't justify a whole house we also want to be close to the strip for the most part.

I won't lie i did find a bunch of places i'd do for myself but it'll have to wait until my 21st or something =).

I appreciate the recommendation though! Any others?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
If you don't want to have to do too much walking/cabbing to and from your Hotel to SEMA, your best bet would be to stay in the Wynn/Encore. I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and I can attest to it easily being one of the nicest on the strip as well as the closest proximity to the convention centers.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I live in Vegas, and I can tell you that there are a ton of options. I recommend to most everyone that comes out here with a group, to rent a house for the week. It's 1000 times better than any hotel, and the price split between everyone is cheap.

HomeAway Vacation Rentals: Beach Houses, Condos, Cabins, Villas & Vacation Rental Homes

Check that link and you'll see some amazing mansions for rent for the week. Of course you'd want to toss in a rental car (SUV if you have a lot of people) but in the end, you'd save money. PM me if you need more info, or info besides that. I'd be happy to chat with you and help you get your Vegas plans setup.

J
That is a great idea, I did something like this for my birthday, was greattt!

But for the Vegas experience and all, I would stay at the Wynn/Encore too, simply for convenience and still get dining/shopping/entertainment

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Budget really doesn't have an effect on the recommendations. I am just looking for what the rest of the l4p crew is considering doing (i know there's a good 50 + of us going). Sounds like the Wynn is the way to go from the sounds of things.

Well would have been if i had ordered it in time not sure i am wanting suit / worth it. Good suggestion just bit behind on the booking so not the best choice, from the things i have heard it's a bit hard to go wrong with a major title near the center.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
If your shop is a member of SEMA you have access to discounted hotels through SEMA. Rooms this year were up a bit from last year but I've got mine at Bally's right on the Monorail line for $80/night for the week and $120/ night for the weekend. The monorail makes life much easier- you'll get plenty of excercise walking all day long.

Last year they were out of the room I had reserved and I got upgraded to a Suite the entire week for $65/night. I was not complaining!

Be sure to get your show registrations done online ASAP. I think the 15 or the 17th is when when the entry price jumps and they cut off shipping out the credentials. Otherwise you have to stand in the rediculous lines to get your credentials.

·
Registered
530 Posts
First time hitting up SEMA myself. I am beyond jazzed. Makes me feel good when a company comes and asks me if I can have my truck in their booth. Can't wait and got more work to get done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would recommend against the Wynn only for the reason that it's a LONG walk from the convention center (even though it looks close on a map, it's not) and the shuttle bus isn't reliable (they sometimes just don't run it, even during SEMA week.) Having been to SEMA for the past 6 years and COMDEX 10 years before that, I'd suggest getting a hotel at the Hilton or even the ghetto, but convenient Sahara. When the show lets out you can't just "get a cab" and transport to the strip or to your hotel is a huge issue. The next best option would be anything serviced by the monorail, like the MGM. It can have a big line, too, but is reliable and you can get on at various points throughout Vegas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depends I guess on how much time you plan to spend at the show, how warm it is, and how hung over you may be. That can be the worst 1/2 mile ever (repeated several times over the week). Also, remember that all forms of transit will be overloaded during the show. Even something as simple as getting to dinner can sometimes take an extra hour when you're relying on cabs. Nice to have the monorail as an option.

If, however, someone wants to spend more time in the hotel than at the show, well... the Wynn is a great place to be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts