Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
I assume because it is against SEMA rules to have offsite shows during SEMA. I think they got away with it before because they never displayed there and then they did last year and did not this year. So SEMA was mad. Its all about the Benjamins for SEMA.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It probably has something to do with this.....

I can imagine that SEMA would be mad that ADV.1 was using SEMA's ability to draw every major vendor and distributor into Vegas to their advantage without paying for a booth.

Makes sense and I think SEMA is within their right to take action.

I wanna see what the guys over at ADV.1 have to say though, I'd imagine they'll be chiming in here soon.

·
Banned
308 Posts
It probably has something to do with this.....

I can imagine that SEMA would be mad that ADV.1 was using SEMA's ability to draw every major vendor and distributor into Vegas to their advantage without paying for a booth.

Makes sense and I think SEMA is within their right to take action.

I wanna see what the guys over at ADV.1 have to say though, I'd imagine they'll be chiming in here soon.
Thing is, there's SEMA's story, ADV.1's story, and then the truth. We won't get at least one of those stories.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Wait so instead of having a booth setup like last year they tried to have it setup in a hotel room?

Why?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
They started a thread on here before SEMA talking about not having a booth this year but instead a private party in their suite, I've never been so idk the rules.

·
Premium Member
21,656 Posts
Honestly, I think people just threw your company name in there to try to incite drama. I think it's pretty widely known here on the 4 that Vossen and ADV.1 have a mutual respect for one another.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It's not like they did anything illegal, they are playing the game. I'm sure SEMA charges an arm and a leg for a booth and they did't see it as a worthy investment! Might as well do this the same weekend that all the biggest vendors are in the area in a more personal setting! I applaud ADV.1 in screwing the system!

·
Premium Member
21,656 Posts
You know, I won't be surprised if the Shot Show next year has vendors doing the same thing. They're trying to more than double the cost of a booth for the company my wife usually goes there with. They're still planning on doing the show, but I'm sure other companies out there will either back out or try to screw the show organizers over for trying to screw them.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts