Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It looks like a new piece of stealth technology was used in the Bin Laden operation. That's why the SEAL team destroyed the bird that crashed. Unfortunately they left one big piece of the puzzle in place. It's thought to be based on the UH-60 Blackhawk internal structure with stealthy panels on the fuselage along with an entirely new main and tail rotor structure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kinda of amazing that the entire aviation community missed that one... but I talked with a friend of mine who was on SEAL Team 6 for 15 years.. and he told me they have lots of "toys"....

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Kinda of amazing that the entire aviation community missed that one... but I talked with a friend of mine who was on SEAL Team 6 for 15 years.. and he told me they have lots of "toys"....
I'm more interested in the rumored Aurora - replacement to the SR71 that can fly at Mach 12 (or 8000mph) at supposedly 150,000ft. :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Why is every one freaking out over the tail rotor and some "stealth helicopter"?? its most likely just a Sikorsky Silent hawk aka a special kitted Black hawk. Its a concept that has been in development for a while now and was first proposed quite a while ago this is just the first confirmation of it in use.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I noticed the tail rotor on a few images that were floating around the web and thought that is a really weird tail rotor. Tried googling the "stealth helicopter" and no luck.. very cool find. I wonder if these copters have the new "silent" rotors.

yes, military tech and history is very cool to me.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I noticed the tail rotor on a few images that were floating around the web and thought that is a really weird tail rotor. Tried googling the "stealth helicopter" and no luck.. very cool find. I wonder if these copters have the new "silent" rotors.

yes, military tech and history is very cool to me.
I read that the noise these copters make is far reduced from a regular mission copter. This is what allowed them to get to where they needed to be without the Pakistani gov't intervening with their own aircraft.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
If you guys knew half the stuff we see/hear/not hear around where I live, you'd be amazed. Let's just say, "The Farm" is just up river from me. I've been to NAVSPECWARDEVGRU and it's just plain cool. Whatever it takes.....

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Ya I dont know why anyone is surprised that we have technology that no one has seen yet. I can only imagine what is really out there that has yet to be seen.

·
Registered
570 Posts
the only thing that really surprises me is that they were ABLE to keep it a secret. with all the aviation nuts and govt stupidity its a real accomplishment that no one knew about it and made it public.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
the only thing that really surprises me is that they were ABLE to keep it a secret. with all the aviation nuts and govt stupidity its a real accomplishment that no one knew about it and made it public.
+1

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
so why did it get distroyed? also, those are some pretty hack welds for a "stealth" body
I think we usually blow out the interior of crashed helicopters to avoid enemies getting intel. But in this case they blew the whole thing into literal bits to avoid the whole helicopter from being seen and or captured. They were worried about the left over tail being sold to china, and oddly enough after the tail was captured and the intel we retrieved was read, my buddy's uncle was deployed to who knows where. He is the master chief commander of seal deployment team 1.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts