Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a possible R8 competitor!

Headlights look similar to what was on the M1 concept car.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're close.

It's the BMW/EfficientDynamics project. They are developing/developed a hybrid super car.

See article and youtube vids:

Report: 2013 BMW Vision EfficientDynamics supercar moving toward production — Autoblog

YouTube - A look at BMW's Vision EfficientDynamics
Oh I'm well aware of the vision. BMW added this video about an hour ago though. It definitely shares some of the exact same design cues with the vision, but it's wrapped in camo like they are actually coming out with a realistic version of it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Oh I'm well aware of the vision. BMW added this video about an hour ago though. It definitely shares some of the exact same design cues with the vision, but it's wrapped in camo like they are actually coming out with a realistic version of it.
The article (and some other places) do say BMW is probably going to do a production run within the next couple of years. I guess this vid (good find btw) just confirms that they are getting more serious about it.

Honestly, i think it's a shame if BMW produces a "hybrid" super car before they re-invent the M1. All of BMW's market competitors now have a flagship super car (R8, LFA, SLR, GT, etc.), and it's kinda embarrassing to have such a rich racing legacy with the M's but no crown jewel super car.

Here's hoping to more M1 type designs and less 5-er GT type designs.

EDIT: I'm a little confused, is the video released by BMW? or is it a third party reporting? "dontblogaboutthis.com" did the reveal for the ///M series 1 too, right?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The article (and some other places) do say BMW is probably going to do a production run within the next couple of years. I guess this vid (good find btw) just confirms that they are getting more serious about it.

Honestly, i think it's a shame if BMW produces a "hybrid" super car before they re-invent the M1. All of BMW's market competitors now have a flagship super car (R8, LFA, SLR, GT, etc.), and it's kinda embarrassing to have such a rich racing legacy with the M's but no crown jewel super car.

Here's hoping to more M1 type designs and less 5-er GT type designs.

EDIT: I'm a little confused, is the video released by BMW? or is it a third party reporting? "dontblogaboutthis.com" did the reveal for the ///M series 1 too, right?
I completely agree it's a shame if they produce a hybrid super car before an honest R8 competitor/killer. Seems so strange to be lacking this car. Sure it's a small market and the M3 as well as other M's are regarded as the best cars in their classes, but you know they have the ability to apply this M Power to something that would put exotics to shame.

It's most definitely BMW behind the video. BMW's official youtube account hosts it. Dontblogaboutthis.com is just a new marketing campaign from them. If you go to the site you can see this. "Future Mobility" hints it is most definitely a hybrid or alternative fuel vehicle as we suspect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts