Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if scrubbing bubbles would be safe for my clear-coated painted wheels. It seems like it should easily remove the dirt off the rims, however I heard it strips paint.. I usually don't use SB on my wheels, but it's cold out and I can't use a hose/bucket/soap anymore really. Anyone have any info on SB on wheels? Good Bad? Thank you. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
^

This. While there are many products out there that "might" work to use on your car it doesn't mean that product will do the job as well or as safely as a product specifically designed to use for that purpose. For instance, it would be outlandish to recommend you use laundry detergent to wash your hair. It would probably work but not as well as shampoo that is specifically designed for hair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow this is an old post. Yes, you can use scrubbing bubbles on your car including paint. It's also good for removing recent paint that has not completely dried or is on glass. It's especially good on window grime you need to use #0000 steel wool (only on windows) on and makes the steel wool work even better than without or plain water. You can use the overpriced car stuff, but you dont need to. It's also good for cleaning headlights, engine, dashboard etc. It's what a lot of mechanics and detailers use since it works just as good and cost much less.

As long as you're using sponges made for cars and not a kitchen sponge, you should have good results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts