Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally decide to go with the video editing career, and trying to look for a school for Final Cut Pro in San Jose area or around. seem can't find it anywhere ?
do you guys know what school teach us this ?
thanks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Just about any community college in Silicon Valley will have some classes based around this.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Save your money. Take online classes or find an editor on craigslist to train you.

Just my 2cents..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just about any community college in Silicon Valley will have some classes based around this.
thanks, i ll try to see if i can find them at mission or west valley

Save your money. Take online classes or find an editor on craigslist to train you.

Just my 2cents..
how much do you think that will cost ?

I say save your money and learn yourself as well. I was up and running with Final Cut Pro in under a month.
do you know what book or what dvd lesson you using ?
thanks

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I have no idea what the cost would be.
Maybe 50-150hr.

You only need someone to show you the basics. Then you can practice and learn on your own.
There are also a MILLION videos online. Both youtube tutorials and step by step tutorials you can purchase.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no idea what the cost would be.
Maybe 50-150hr.

You only need someone to show you the basics. Then you can practice and learn on your own.
There are also a MILLION videos online. Both youtube tutorials and step by step tutorials you can purchase.
thanks
i found a school in SF, and they said that i need $7500 for 6 months training, if i got admitted they will have a tutor in my location to contact me to teach me one on one. you think that is a good price ?

i think i will start learning by searching for vid online, and get used to it first. then will see how it goes for there

thanks a lot

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Save your money.
Put it into a good computer. Buy an online training program.

The learning curve on FCP is not that rough. It's not like avid or Logic (for sound).

Purchase the program. Learn the basics like capturing videos. Editing in a timeline. Simple Edits and transitions.

After this you the more you "play" with it the better you will get.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank LAbull, you have been a great help.
i really appreciate your time for helping me with this topic.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Save your money.
Put it into a good computer. Buy an online training program.

The learning curve on FCP is not that rough. It's not like avid or Logic (for sound).

Purchase the program. Learn the basics like capturing videos. Editing in a timeline. Simple Edits and transitions.

After this you the more you "play" with it the better you will get.
Exactly. Unless you enjoy sitting in a classroom just set aside time every day and work each session from an online trainer. My company subscribed to lynda.com which has a very straightforward program for helping ppl brush up on the basics all the way to advanced skill sets in all types of areas.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
thank LAbull, you have been a great help.
i really appreciate your time for helping me with this topic.
No problem bud.
If you can't find answers on youtube or google then feel free to PM or post questions here and I'm sure one of us can help or point you in the right direction at the very least.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
Brendans right. I went to school for FCP and Avid for 2 years. FCP I could of learned at home. The school I went to was Video Symphony. My professor for FCP was Larry Brown, he travels everywhere and gives seminars. Check him out. www.larrybrown.biz

·
Registered
248 Posts

Just my 2cents..
Find a editor, become his pal, and learn yourself, best possible way, also internships in media if you find them!

but yeah, I'm taking classes at this place in Irvine, CA for FCP found it on Apples website.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
If you want to have a serious future you need to learn more than one software. You need to attend a real school Like Academy of Art University: The Art School of Art Schools. learn the basics up. I have hired 90% of our creative team from this school. They are top notch. If you finish your studies there you could work any place in the world.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you want to have a serious future you need to learn more than one software. You need to attend a real school Like Academy of Art University: The Art School of Art Schools. learn the basics up. I have hired 90% of our creative team from this school. They are top notch. If you finish your studies there you could work any place in the world.
Another good point, since your actually pursuing a career, Raw has the best advice!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea youtube is great source just used it tonight with settings for the 7D, Everyday I have used the program I learn, you do not need to take classes or school if you have free time.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Another good point, since your actually pursuing a career, Raw has the best advice!
Not the case, sorry guys.
Yes if you have the time/money then do it but down here in Hollywoodland there are two distinct paths.

Start as an intern, learn the ropes, work your way up.
Go to school, start as an intern, learn the ropes, work your way up.

I would say most people that come out of these types of schools down here are worthless and come out with a TERRIBLE attitude that the world owes them.

Unless you are going to stay at a school and get a BA then don't bother IMHO. If you really want to go to school then go to USC Film School. This is the path that I've seen truly successful people take for the most part.

RAW is right, the more programs you know the better and the more valuable you will be.

Either way good luck with whatever you choose.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts