Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
289 - i will eat my words - i had fish in Tokyo this past week that put everything i've had in america to shame - truly astounding.

i learned a lot. in short, fish have "seasons" where they are their tastiest in different parts of the world. b/c of the japanese affinity for fish, most of the best stuff gets shipped to japan for sale. also, most of the japanese waters are very cold, and some very strong currents; cold water = fattier fish = tastier fish; strong currents = more work = tastier fish.

the sushi chefs seemingly have this stuff down to a closely guarded science. i would be skeptical but the results were more than incredible. many more posts/pictures to come.

- chuck

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Chuck:
You know, it does not surprise me a bit the sushi master chefs know more about aquiatic life than buyers that simply hit the markets for a fresh catch. I take it you were able to get into at least 1 of the more exclusive sushi enclaves?

It's good to know the chefs know how to pick the good fish. It's so true what all chefs say: it comes down to the quality of the ingrediants. It just so happens in the world of sushi, location and seasons play a huge role.

Thanks for the report. I'm still going to try Sawa on 10/11 (I'm single for a day!)

41 - 43 of 43 Posts