·
Registered
901 Posts
to my eyes that looks great

·
Silver Sponsor
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love it, how much does a wrap like that cost? will it damage the paint if one decides to remove it?
A wrap like this one would cost about $3k, that's Matte, Satin or Gloss. If the company knows how to take it off right there is no damage to the paint at all and in fact protects the paint. About a month ago there was a BMW 6 that was unwrapped by some a company that shal remain nameless and the paint was so badly damaged that the car needed to be repainted. However there have been no problems about un wrapping a car by DBX the Wald CLS we continue to re-wrap hasn't had the first problem http://www.luxury4play.com/automotive/106337-wald-black-bison-cls-dbx-full-photoshoot-kvk-p.html the color of this car has been changed 4 times no problems at all.

·
Silver Sponsor
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Usually when the vinyl is removed and it messes up the paint that means those parts(bumper,hood or wherever) had a shitty paint job. Vinyl itself doesnt ruin the paint, you might have adhesive left over which is cleanable.
+1
This is usually true, however in the case of the BMW I had mentioned the paint was factory....so it is possible to mess up. For the most part the wrap does not destroy the paint. :)

·
Bronze Sponsor
280 Posts
A wrap like this one would cost about $3k, that's Matte, Satin or Gloss. If the company knows how to take it off right there is no damage to the paint at all and in fact protects the paint. About a month ago there was a BMW 6 that was unwrapped by some a company that shal remain nameless and the paint was so badly damaged that the car needed to be repainted. However there have been no problems about un wrapping a car by DBX the Wald CLS we continue to re-wrap hasn't had the first problem http://www.luxury4play.com/automotive/106337-wald-black-bison-cls-dbx-full-photoshoot-kvk-p.html the color of this car has been changed 4 times no problems at all.
From my experience the reason paint lifts from vinyl removal is because the primer/activator, base combination aren't made for each other...I've seen PPG base coats done by good painters with a different brand of primer cause lifting...it's all about the chemical bonding

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.