Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
6,957 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
What material is being used for the Carbon? I've seen some decent carbon sticker stuff from 3M but this looks better. I'm curious b/c I want to wrap my modular desk in it lol.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Paint or change them...
We wan to spray them in Matte Black if thats ok with you stealthrider?!

What material is being used for the Carbon? I've seen some decent carbon sticker stuff from 3M but this looks better. I'm curious b/c I want to wrap my modular desk in it lol.
3M makes great stuff. The problem with Di-Noc is that its not meant for wrapping. Its actually interior design material, not automotive or sign industry. PM me for details.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
looks sick. wish i do mines. will turn out amazing.

as usual sam signs does outstanding work!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Do it!! The spray is a genius idea! Sam signs is so unbeatable in this type of stuff. It's just amazing what they can to our cars!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looking good! I really like the carbon accents. I had Di-noc applied to my grill but I like how this stuff used here has more of a gloss sheen to it and it looks like it might be more pliable based on the side vents because those curves came out really clean. You should apply the carbon accents to the A, B, and C exterior pillars, something I was planning to do as well.

Where can I get my hands on this non-di-noc material?

·
Registered
370 Posts
This looks really good. I always wanted to do my Sport when I had it. When I wrap cars and run into problems like the grill, I paint them. It comes out so nice. The paint I use matches my wrap, so it looks great. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the final product.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
This was one of the best looking Satin Black and Carbon wraps that I have done. Came out absolutely fanastic. The sheen is so smooth and the carbon accents really makes it pop. All he needs is some nice black wheels and the RR Sport is done!

shareef, can you post the final photos? thnx bro
I will Monday, maybe I'll ask Kirby to stop by and take some shots as well!!

i agree, maybe not change entirely but definitely paint i'd say, just an honest opinion
We painted the grill Satin Black. Car came out amazing. Pics tomorrow!!

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
Just a quick question, How long will these wraps last in the elements under normal everyday wear and tear on them?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just a quick question, How long will these wraps last in the elements under normal everyday wear and tear on them?
If you take care of it, then you should get about 5 years before you start noticing any fading or discoloration (digitally printed wraps). The solid colors should last around the same or longer. I usually change wraps every three years or so. I notice thats about the time a new trend comes about.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Amazing work, looks really good. Can't wait to see final pics.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Here are some last min process pics followed by the Finished pics. We still have to Carbon the Rear end and then maybe Kirb can shoot the car when completely finished.

Finishing the wrap

Finished Wrap (almost)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Looks excellent! Great work!

I just started wrapping parts of my room mates R6 with Di-Noc. I should have researched product more if there is better stuff out there. Oh well. He digs it.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts