Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of refinement went into the new interior, looks much much better. I really like the upgraded seats, damn nice set up.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Did you get to drive it? Would love to hear a review from someone that has preivously owned a Vette.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Did you get to drive it? Would love to hear a review from someone that has preivously owned a Vette.
Got an appt for tomorrow to drive the new SRT Viper and the C7 Z51. I'll post up once I'm back!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I didn't want to get that deep with the sales guy, he was already pushing me and I just wanted to see it an get out.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Forgot to post up. The C7 was amazing. It was a Z51 package with the sports seats and I was in heaven. Power wise didn't feel much different than the C6, normal V8 torque you'd expect and great power throughout the RPM range, no a lot different from the LS2/3 in the C6. The interior though, so much improvement, from quality of materials used to the design, felt very supercar-ish. I loved it. Didn't really get to test out the handing as we only did a short 10ish mile loop with only one chance to really get up to a decent speed. Only thing I wish it had more of was top end torque.

But compared to a C6 I think it's a much needed improvement in design, performance wise I don't think you'd tell much of a difference between the C6 and C7 if you drove them back to back.

Didn't get a chance to drive the Viper =[ The Lotus dealership called and my demo car had arrived so we went and picked that up. But comparing the Evora to the C7... The C7 totally blew it out of the water. Pretty sure on what I'll be buying....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've driven several Corvettes. I have never had mine on the road course, but I have driven the C6 Grand Sport, C6 Z06, and the new C7 on the track. Though I still like the C6 Z06 better on the track, the C7 is overall the best car out of all of them. It is very quick but doesn't feel quite as stable at the limit as the others. I think this is due to a stiffer suspension setup and less tire. The interior is the greatest improvement. The A/C seats were great and fit you like a glove. The instrumentation is nice as well. I think Corvette did a great job. There are a few small details I don't like about the car. I think the tail lights are ugly, and the fenders don't allow for nice looking wheels. The Z06 should take care of that problem, not to mention be an absolute beast of a car.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
had a client bring a c7 z51 w automatic and we couldnt do more than 5 moderate paced laps before it went into limp mode from overheating the tranny. I wonder if the 7spd has an insufficient cooler as well. Otherwise, its a good 50k car. Not even close to the z06 but the c7 should be quite a machine based on how much an improvement the new base is over the old c6.

Chris, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new viper. I have yet to drive one, let alone see one "in the wild".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts