Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I received probably the best holiday gift a car enthusiast could receive. My car was chosen to be the Gracenote Show Vehicle for the CES show next month in Las Vegas. David Zuckerberg from Rides Magazine informed me the other night that my car was chosen. LUX Motorwerks is going to install a bunch of audio equipment, tv's, new wheels, and some other treats for the show. The best part about it is that I get to keep everything. My car will be gone for about a month give or take, but its well worth it. I really cant wait to see the finished outcome. Ive heard a whole bunch of awesome reviews about Lux Motorwerks and I cant wait to see the finished product.

A big THANK YOU to Dave and Rides Magazine, Steve and the whole Lux Motorwerks team, Gracenote, and everyone else who made my holiday season special :D

Ill keep you guys updated with the progress.

Here's a picture of my car taken at Bimmerstock in Glen Cove this past September.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
TV's and audio equipment can go downhill fast IMO! I think they should hook it up with a nice kit from HPF and you should be good! :D

Your car is hot though and congrats on being chosen for this :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TV's and audio equipment can go downhill fast IMO! I think they should hook it up with a nice kit from HPF and you should be good! :D

Your car is hot though and congrats on being chosen for this :)
Thanks man. The HPF kit wouldve definitely been a perfect add-on :biggrin: Theyre focusing on new Gracenote technology in my car for the CES Electronic show which explains why theyre installing audio.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Your car looks amazing as is, I don't see why they'd want to change it up. All those electronics are just going to slow it down, too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I saw pictures of last years car a few days ago and the technology in that thing was awesome. They already gave me a full rundown of what they're going to do to my car. Ive been in touch with them daily and they've been nothing but amazing to deal with. As far as slowing the car down I really dont drive or beat on it much. I use it as more of a sunny day/top down car so I think the modifications are just perfect for it.

Ill keep you guys posted with updates and pictures along the way.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Congrats!

But I can't think of any wheel that suits your car better than your LMs. I'm curious what they're gonna come up with :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
**Update**
The shop sent me some pics earlier last week. The wheels arent on the car yet but most of the audio is done.

The deck and the custom bezel will not be in the car when its returned to me. They will provide me with a different deck and bezel and theyll be putting the center air vent back on. Also the loose wires in the trunk are for a temporary carputer that they installed for the show. There are screens in the rear headrests as well as two slots for I Pads. They said I can keep those along with the I PADS :D You can see the I Pad installed behind the drivers seat.

They repainted my front and rear bumpers and they added on carbon fibre hood and trunk emblems. Also blacked out M3 emblems for the trunk were added. They put smoked reflectors on my bumper but I will be putting my old AW painted reflectors back on once I get the car back.

Here are the teaser shots they sent me. The car isnt fully done as of yet and it wont be returned to me with that bezel so please refrain from comments regarding the bezel.

Ill post some pics prior to the car being shipped and whatever pictures I get from the show.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
very cool! I know some one else who had their car in this show.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
That bezel sure stands out though.

:) jk. Either way it'll be great! How does one use those ipads in the back with the screen? Seems like an interesting, yet typical over the top CES install. Lucky you, you will do well on that car if you ever sell regardless.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
looking good

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
that looks sick, congrats on getting your car picked.
i bet that sound system is gonna be nuts when its done

1 - 20 of 21 Posts