Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I both had nothing planned tomorrow so we decided we should go somewhere for the day and after discussion, realized we both have never been to San Francisco. So tomorrow morning we are going to hop on a plane and head out there for the day..

A few questions:

From the airport (SFO) is it necessary to get a rental or would public transit suffice? We really want to see the full house..house, aside from that, we have no idea, our plans only got us as far as the airport, lol. I thought of hiring a driver but we plan on taking the last flight back to Vegas so I think it would be more cost effective to do stuff on our own.

Are there any must do tours? Alcaraz I would imagine. Is there anything at Golden Gate?

In simple research, I have found that union square and fisherman's wharf are the places to be as far as food; are there any recommended must eat restaurants? How far away is Nob Hill or Napa? We would like to have dinner at a michelin rated restaurant and compare service to Vegas.

I guess that is all, any input would be greatly appreciated. Will take pics, but only from our phones I would imagine. Not really the camera toting type of tourists.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whew one day?

Food. Northbeach Italian district. The wharf is kinna meh. The hole in the wall places are the ticket. Lots of tourists traps at the wharf. Some really good spots in Sausalito too - across the golden gate.

Alcatraz is kewl!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts