Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a live blog, the features on the phone is very impressive.

Samsung Galaxy event (live blog) | CNET

Specs:
The GS 4 features a 5-inch 1080p (1,920 x 1,080) Super AMOLED panel which offers a pixel density of 441 ppi. It's also a powerful beast: it packs 2GB RAM and will come with either a 1.6GHz Exynos Octa-core chip or a 1.9GHz quad-core Qualcomm, depending on your region. (Unfortunately, Samsung hasn't yet specified which Snapdragon we can expect, but we're guessing it's at least a 600 if not an 800.) Refreshingly, it will also come with Android 4.2.2 on-board when it launches.

Source: Engadget

·
Registered
797 Posts
The even is ridiculous and the acting is horrible, but the features are amazing, especially the camera ones.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have the S3 now, so I don't mind the phone keeping kind of the same look and feel. I guess they took the "If it ain't broken, don't fit ix it" approach, which is understandable. I'd still prefer this over the HTC ONE, LG Optimus and Iphone5, the features don't even compare to the others. So although the event was ridiculous and the acting was bad, they made up for it by massively improving the specs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I also have the s3, and I dont use a case on it, because I like how slim it is. The biggest issue i see with the phone is that the glass on the camera sticks out more than anything else on the backside of the phone and it is really scratched up. I am also running cyanogenmod on mine, but holy hell did samsung pack the gs4 with some crazy features, might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I watched the unboxing live. I'm not that impressed. Yes the camera aspects are cool as is the translating app. Otherwise, I don't see anything I would ever use. I don't even listen to any music on my phone, yet alone have the desire to have a friend with the same phone playing the same song as me. I have no desire to print photos in a book. I don't watch TV, yet alone have a problem losing my remote control.

I'm not due for an upgrade for about 7 months. I think I'll just drop some coin on a Note 2, and enjoy the large screen.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I watched the unboxing live. I'm not that impressed. Yes the camera aspects are cool as is the translating app. Otherwise, I don't see anything I would ever use. I don't even listen to any music on my phone, yet alone have the desire to have a friend with the same phone playing the same song as me. I have no desire to print photos in a book. I don't watch TV, yet alone have a problem losing my remote control.

I'm not due for an upgrade for about 7 months. I think I'll just drop some coin on a Note 2, and enjoy the large screen.
You should, amazon has the Note 2 for like $70 now. I'm sure by the time you upgrade it will be down to $50.

·
Registered
833 Posts
You should, amazon has the Note 2 for like $70 now. I'm sure by the time you upgrade it will be down to $50.
Well I mean right now I might just throw down $500 on a used Note 2, and then either sell my Gnex for $200, or resell the Note 2 in 7 months for whatever it's value is.

Right now, I hope to wait a couple week and hopefully see a flood of people selling the Note 2, causing the price to drop.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well I mean right now I might just throw down $500 on a used Note 2, and then either sell my Gnex for $200, or resell the Note 2 in 7 months for whatever it's value is.

Right now, I hope to wait a couple week and hopefully see a flood of people selling the Note 2, causing the price to drop.
You should try Swappa I have bought and sold phones from there, way better then ebay and craigslist for phones. You might find a good deal, and all sellers have to be verified before selling and all phones have only light usage and no cracks and cleans esn's. You may find something good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have a s4 for a month now. It is quite good. Great battery life, great screen, fast processor, good features like multi-tasking windows and pretty cool camera features.

Overall, am impressed with the phone. I am just gonna get some good back cover and change it a little. Otherwise, it is one hell of a machine. Wish it came with Snapdragon 800 instead of 600 but that is ok. It is still plenty fast. Cant' wait to root it and get rid of all the bloatware. The latest MF3 version has wrecked havoc in root department.

Overall, a good step up to S3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts