Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've been wondering over the last few days if it would be possible to take and RS5, and convert it to RWD. If it is possible, would the car still be suffering from the Quattro power loss?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'm not entirely sure, but i'd guess that it could be done. You would just need a tune to reconfigure the drivetrain to 100% RWD since the front wheel drive shaft assembly that was removed would still be trying to spin? I'm just throwing ideas out there I honestly have no idea.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not sure why you would want to do that. Quattro is a great system. I had my 996TT converted to RWD because Porsche's AWD system is more RWD biased anyway. I would not do it to Quattro.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure why you would want to do that. Quattro is a great system. I had my 996TT converted to RWD because Porsche's AWD system is more RWD biased anyway. I would not do it to Quattro.
i like being sideways

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Reactions: maseratimax

·
Registered
984 Posts
If you throw the RS5 into a corner the right way, you can get it to slide...

But to be honest, the way its balanced with the new Diff, its best to keep it as a Quattro Car :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
As others have said, the newer generation cars have a system that is biased pretty well for an awd platform. If you want to achieve this you must weld the center Torsen differential or have a new unit machined that acts like a spool.

Additionally you would then remove the front axles to reduce drag. This is a well documented modification on many Audi awd models such as the S4, A4, S5, RS4 and so on.

For sideways action turn of your traction control, a stiffer rear swaybar also helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts