Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are proud to announce that we partnered with Parkhaus Performance and Parts in the #15 build from RWB. Built in house by Sakai-San himself at Parkhaus. We equipped it with a set of 18x10.5 and 18x13 HRE Classic 305's in 3 piece configuration.

Specs:

HRE Classic 305

18x10.5
18x13

Built by Nakai-San at Parkhaus1 Performance and Parts

RWB #15 on HRE Classic 305's by wheels_boutique, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Car is great, and I have nothing against wheels boutique, you guys make great looking cars. But these rims suck.... very bad looking design imo

·
Registered
506 Posts
Car is great, and I have nothing against wheels boutique, you guys make great looking cars. But these rims suck.... very bad looking design imo
Tell us how you really feel! Lol.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Any photos of the RWB outside? I bet that dark bronze contrast is killer in the sun.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Really, not your taste? Which route would have you gone?
Tough call. I'm flattered you would ask. And since you did, I'm going to overplay my invite. Lol. Here goes:

To expand on 'satisfactory', they don't necessarily hurt the car, but they do hold it back. It's bright red. It's hugely wide. It's festooned with admittedly garish aero considering what little is visible in that engine shot suggests the car doesn't necessarily justify it. That is all fine, as that car's mission statement is probably more about visibility than speed. With that, I feel the unmemorable wheels aren't congruent with the theme. They somehow recall the old Basset, Speedway, or Bart wheels of circle track in my opinion- in the sense they appear to be stamped steel from any distance.

When it comes to Porsches, especially vintage ones, you can never go wrong with period-LeMans and DTM. I'd have gone full 962 Jagermeister / Lowenbrau era throwback with the wheels, as those cars dominated the absolute shit out of everything from the mid 80's all they way into the early '90s- the gestation period of that red 993 from above. Additionally, with the offsets that 993 is capable of now, the severely negative offset wheels of those 962's would look right at home.

...in a nutshell. Lol.

·
Registered
610 Posts
^Of note, there actually was a Jager livery 932 that very closely approximates what I'm on about. Worth a cursory Google search. :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Man, I like that car. But I probably would have gone with a different wheel design as well. These aren't bad, they just aren't ideal.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hmmm.... I really like the wheels on the car. Always enjoyed bronze with red. It is like a blue Subaru with gold wheels. It just always seems to come together nicely. As for the wheel design I like the vintage look to them. They fit the over the top look of this 993. My on reservation is the spoiler on this car... I have not seen one like it on an RWB design yet. It seems like one to view in person as I wonder if it translates as well to photos. Other than that, car looks great and thanks for posting photos.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I actually really like these wheels.
especially on an RWB 993!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts