Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The next-gen Lotus Esprit supercar may be powered by the 552-horsepower Lexus LFA V10 engine. A source close to the company told this to Inside Line.

Two versions will be available; the top of the line sports car is powered by the LFA V10 and a more mainstream version is offered with a V8 from the Lexus IS-F. The 5.0 liter engine will probably produce 416hp. Overall the sports car will be built to much higher standards than previous models.

Read more!

·
Registered
555 Posts
because of their relationship with toyota and the fact that they've said they want to compete with Ferrari.

That means they want to be IMPRESSIVE, which means big engines and big price tags.

·
Registered
14,922 Posts
i guess, i recall the lotus elise lapping tracks barely slower than a 360modena and cost 1/4 of the price lol

defeats the whole entire purpose of Lotus, if i want a car that cost a lot and cost even more to maintain and up keep ill just buy a ferrari hahahahaha

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I get what your saying but the Esprit was never meant to be a low cost alternative and never has in the past. Its not the same build mantra IMO as the elise/exige which is that bang for the buck track attack machine.

The Esprit is supposed to be the big daddy with big power, big wow factor, and a bigger price tag (04's were what, close to 100k new right?). Seems like a logical choice to go with that engine considering the lotus/toyota connection. Honestly i'm just surprised that Toyota is letting them use that powerplant.

·
Registered
14,922 Posts
^no quams about the toyota relationship, i honestly think thats one of the smartest things lotus has done in YEARS

just that the engine is in such low production, what would happen to owners that actually want to DRIVE their cars??? replacement parts??? ability to service the car??? and the list goes on...

i guess we can wait and see...

·
Registered
14,922 Posts
^no quams about the toyota relationship, i honestly think thats one of the smartest things lotus has done in YEARS

just that the engine is in such low production, what would happen to owners that actually want to DRIVE their cars??? replacement parts??? ability to service the car??? and the list goes on...

i guess we can wait and see...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts