Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody men's club rugby players on the LP? I played my sophomore and junior year at the University of Alabama. 1995 National champions. Whether you're retired or still playing drop in.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I played 1st team for my High school as well as 1st team for my club. I live in South Africa so rugby is big here :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was born and raised in the North West of England for 13 years. Played for about 6 years until I moved to FL, were regional and district champs. I didn't play in college but I wished I did now. I'd be up for joining a local team and playing a bit nowadays.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great sport! Thanks for your response scrummies!! Just taking a stab in the dark to see if there are any members of men's club rugby teams on the L4P. There's a team here in Birmingham, AL but they're not active. GO ALL BLACKS!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Haha I didn't even know the US played rugby. I thought they were still stuck playing that pansy flower picking sport they call American Football. But yeah I used to play lock back in high school.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i played the 2nd half of a 7's match when i was in germany when i was in the army. i thought i was in pretty good shape, but there is nothing like sprinting all over the field for 7 minutes.....i was exhausted, but had a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I didn't even know the US played rugby. I thought they were still stuck playing that pansy flower picking sport they call American Football. But yeah I used to play lock back in high school.
Nearly every university in the U.S. has a rugby team. Oh, and by the way, I'd like to see you to take a hit from one of our pansy, flower-picking American football players. One of our 'smaller' NFL players, Trent Richardson, at 5'11" 228 pounds. Roll that footage:

Yeah--There are many college rugby teams and mens clubs. Played and beat every team in the Southeastern Conference (SEC). Only lost to one team college team--UCONN. We even had a chance to play against the Navy Seals once. As good as we were they ran all over us like we were grade school children. Here's some footage on the Navy Seals training the USA Rugby team:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts