1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Sick ass car but with those numbers I'm surprised the 1320 isn't much faster

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
its a v10 twin turbo...you know the factory detuned it so that it doesnt rape the audi r8 and all the lambos.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That's so nice that they can get 98 at the pump.

I know in Texas get 93 but when I was in California the best I could find was 90 or 91.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That doesn’t seem right to me. Mine came from Audi with 590PS and 680 Newton metres torque. Il try dig out the print out to double check. After MTM got their hands on it though it was pushing over 789 Newton metres.. I dont think the standards transmission would take that...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Oh it takes it. We were worried about the transmission so we did a bit of work to make sure it was still safe. Torque is limited in first gear just a big to protect it and it's limited a bit on shifts so it doesn't slam into gear super hard. We also had WAY more torque while testing. I think the numbers close to 900 ft-lbs if I'm not mistaken. This engine is a BEAST from the factory! Ultimately we toned down the huge torque increase in the middle, while still leaving it pretty smooth and strong.

A few notes... other tuners have increased the power on this engine, but they haven't figured out how to properly control load to get Monsterous gains in the mid range. This took quite a bit of work on our part to figure it all out and by doing so we can increase load, and increase boost in the mid range to make these huge gains.

about 98 and 104 octanes... those are RON figures.

95 RON roughly = 93 (MON+RON)/2 in North America
98 RON roughly = 93 (MON+RON)/2 in North America
104 RON roughly = 104 (MON+RON)/2 in North America

Anyways, I figured you guys would like to see what we don't get here in the US. Drives us crazy! :(

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
i didnt know that. thanks. I dont feel so bad now.
You shouldn't feel bad at all...for what they pay per liter for pump gas, we can get 100 octane race fuel here.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
You shouldn't feel bad at all...for what they pay per liter for pump gas, we can get 100 octane race fuel here.
I know:D

I stock up on vp109 at my ranch (for my bikes) and i bet its cheaper for me to do so than what they are buying regular pump gas over there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts