·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that can't be stock! are all phantoms like that or is it an option?
Phantoms are built to be almost indestructable. Gumball 3000 2007 a rolls hit a gaurdrail at 155mph and only suffered minor damage. Glass is auto-bulletproof and the car weighs 6000 pounds anyways! Very thick steel!

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Actually, no. I believe this is the product of a German company that produces armored modifications for cars. They also have a pretty sick 7 series that's also pretty solid.

·
Registered
816 Posts
absolutely an armored car. I have seen a Phantom with bullet holes in it, and I can assure you it is NOT bullet proof.

·
Registered
80 Posts
and i hope the comment that they come with bullet proof glass standard is a level, lol.

good bullet proof glass (scratch that, **rifle proof**) is a few inches thick.

google up a picture of the presidential limo with the doors open...this picture is NOT edited.....sick huh.

·
Registered
241 Posts
ABSOLUTELY NOT stock, it drives me crazy when people talk about cars being bullet proof from the factory. Not one car comes standard bullet proof. Have ridden in MANY armored cars of all makes, I can tell you windows have to be a minimum of about an inch thick to stop even the most basic rounds. Someone was trying to tell me that bmw 7 series come bulletproof stock, ROTFL :lol: The phantom in this video was SERIOUSLY armored. Considering each one probably sells for over a million, it would make sense to invest in a demo to prove its strength to customers

·
Registered
174 Posts
ABSOLUTELY NOT stock, it drives me crazy when people talk about cars being bullet proof from the factory. Not one car comes standard bullet proof. Have ridden in MANY armored cars of all makes, I can tell you windows have to be a minimum of about an inch thick to stop even the most basic rounds. Someone was trying to tell me that bmw 7 series come bulletproof stock, ROTFL :lol: The phantom in this video was SERIOUSLY armored. Considering each one probably sells for over a million, it would make sense to invest in a demo to prove its strength to customers
The person speaking of the 7 is somewhat correct... my 750ilp (2000) had bullet-proof windows from the factory... I am not talking about the insulated glass that was stock with the 7 with the black frame that most think are bulletproof. BMW has offered oem bulletproof/armored vehicles for a long time. They are going to try the U.S. market now as my 7 had to be of German delivery.

quick link of one I found... http://www.worldwidearmor.com/for_sale_147.html

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well, you still had to pay extra for the 750ilp because its armored, btw B4 ist lowest armored class.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts