Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way of repairing this rock chip, the paint is down to the bare metal, also you can see the crack in the paint along with minimal edge lift around the paint chip as well. This is on the hood of my dad's 09 Outback, the rock also hit the glass but didn't even nick it.

·
Silver Sponsor
331 Posts
That sucks dude if its down to the bare metal that means it ate the clear. If this is the case I dont think anything that you buy at a store is gonna be a permanent solution. It could get worst if you leave it like that too. I would take it to a bodyshop and see if they can touch it up for you

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
apply touch up paint with a toothpick. dab little bit of paint at a time. put about 3 layers of the paint. wait 15 min between each layer.

·
Registered
725 Posts
It would be a multi-layer touchup by hand for sure (with a quick block wetsand, buff and polish to nib off the convex of paint around the outer edge as paint tends to crater in situations like this) best results would be to airbrush blend that chip out and then followed by westand, buff, polish etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts