1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
25 Posts
The shots are great, however I think your signature needs some work. The placement (centered) on all of them at times is difficult to make out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shots are great, however I think your signature needs some work. The placement (centered) on all of them at times is difficult to make out.
Yeah I know :eek:hwell: I tried a load of different fonts and quite liked that one. I'd love a proper watermark signature, but it's not something I can do. I've tried asking a mate, but it never seems to get done.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah I know :eek:hwell: I tried a load of different fonts and quite liked that one. I'd love a proper watermark signature, but it's not something I can do. I've tried asking a mate, but it never seems to get done.
I never understood why people watermark. I'm a professional, and all the other professionals I know don't watermark their images. You would never deliver a watermarked image to a client...also no-one is going to steal your photos, it's pretty obvious once you establish a style who took the shot. And so what if they do, that's more people seeing your images. Most photos you take for clients you can't even show, and the copyright is not yours.

That said, I'm sure if you started a new thread asking for a watermark somebody on here would give you a nice one!

I like your work, but I think you could spend some more time establishing a "look" for yourself.

Keep going!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I tried one of the shots as a B&W. Thoughts??
This is cool...

I think you should bring up the shadows more though, it got too dark...also play with your blue levels, starting to get compressed. If you don't have the range in your blacks try bringing up the exposure.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is cool...

I think you should bring up the shadows more though, it got too dark...also play with your blue levels, starting to get compressed. If you don't have the range in your blacks try bringing up the exposure.
Thanks a lot for your feedback -dc-, it's much appreciated! :)

Messing around putting the watermark on is a pain, so would be easier to not use one. I only really use it to put on social media, the TTRS shoot was my first proper shoot, and I gave the owner unwatermarked copies.

People have said they can tell my 'style', but I'll continue to work on it.

Rob

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 20 of 36 Posts