Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 5-Spoke Trans Am Rims

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter starting up, this is the best time to buy new rims for next summer (lots of good deals going around). I've been looking amongst 4 different options, all for different reasons. Keep in mind I do plan on lowering the car anywhere between 1 inch to 1.5 inches.

Option 1 - C6 Corvette Rims

Rear - 19x10 Front 18-8.5
I like the staggered look of 19R and 18F but would eliminate the chance of tire rotating. Also, I run into the chance of rubbing in the back if I lower it.

Option 2 - Stock Firebird Rims

Keep the car in stock appearance, as it was from the factory. My least favorite option, although they do have a brand new set of tires on them from the previous owner. :clap: I'll always at least keep these wheels around for whatever purpose.

Option 3 - C5 ZO6 Rims

Rear and Front - 17x8.5 or 18x8.5
Great look, lots of color options to go with the black (i'm thinking gunmetal like in the photo) and no chance or rubbing in the back, even with it being lowered.

Option 4 - Trans Am 5-Spoke

Standard, 5 spoke rims. Good for auto-x (wont bump me up in competition). Tires will be cheaper and I'll be able to rotate as I please. This is the practical option. :eek:hwell:

I'm throwing in a poll too, so if you dont wanna respond, you can at least vote. Thanks for all the opinions and advice

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Bronze sponsor
742 Posts
Forgestar F14, flow formed so light weight, low price, 18x11 available. Let me know if you need pricing:

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
go look around in the corvette boards and try to find some c4 zr1 wheels (rare) 96 grandsport wheels (not as rare, but rare) or 1996 lt4 corvette wheels (plenty around)
ls1 ss or ws6 wheels are also plenty around and wont break the bank. the 1997 lt1 camaro ss wheels also look good on these.
another that look good are torque thrusts.

my first choice would be the zr1 c4 zr1 wheels (the 5 spoke ones) but the only drawaback is the tires are so expensive.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Why are you having problems with rubbing with a just a 10" wide wheel and a simple 285, or 305...i never had problems on my WS6....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do the 17x11 rear and 17x9 front A Mold (ZR1) wheel. You need an adjustable panhard bar though as sometimes the rear end is not square on f bodys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts