Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
This interests me too, but I become weary after reading that. I'm 6'2 :bitenails:
taller you are, easier it is to black out. you have to push from the bottom of your stomach up to keep the blood in your head. it is grueling to say the least.

- chuck

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I go for the Phantom any day of the week. Unfortunately due to new FAA regs the Collings foundation can't offer flights to anyone who is not already rated in certain ways. To fly in the Phantom you must already be multi turbine engine rated as well as a few other criteria. The A4 is the same way. They will never be allowed to sell rides in the 262 or F-100 no matter what.
FML. :eek:

Must not be deterred!

Russia it is! Just gotta' make the big bucks!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm working on a deal right now, 3 different fighter jet rides "for work".

I'm praying this all works out :D

I had a chance 7 years ago, but after seeing the paper work my dad said he wouldn't sign it (I just turned 17) cause my mom would kill him if something happen. lol

When I turned 18, the pilot who was going to take me up had retired and moved up north.

·
Registered
184 Posts
No where near a fighter jet. But I did have the pleasure of flying in a C130 out of Patrick AFB some years ago as a kid. I'll definitely never forget the experience.

Military aviation was never quite my thing, as I always wanted to pursue a career as an airline pilot. I did have the opportunity to fly in Level-D sims many times, which is literally as close as you can get to flying an airliner. Had I been holding the right certificates at the time, I could have probably gotten type-rated for free, I would go home and devour all the POH's and QRH's for the corresponding sims and would definitely impress the instructors. Great times, I only wish I could go back and do it all over again.

Here's a video of what that's like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRW773jQ5SU

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got to go for a ride in a Super Hornet as a "thank you" when I was in the Marines... The thrust isn't what got me, it was the G's and the ability to change direction that blew my mind...

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Really? That big? :lol:

·
Registered
454 Posts
21 - 40 of 43 Posts