Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First things first... its my first post. So excuse me if its not in the right section, or if this has a sticky or anything related posted elsewhere - still getting used to site navigation.... :).

Anyways, here is the deal.

I am a proud (and extremely happy) owner of a new BMW 328i. Red, with the MSport package. Looks sick as hell and I love it (that is before I upgrade to the 335 when the times comes ;) ).

However, my baby (the car) has been hurt!

Im guessing that the family handy man offered to wash the car for us while I was not home, and he did so WITH A DISH SPONGE! :/.

There are no visible deep scratches (aka white lines) but there are about a million hair lines in the clear coat (if I run my finger nail over the paint, it does catch some, but they are very faint).

It only shows up on angle in the sun, so I know its not all that terrible, but I want them out.

Here is where I need help though! I unfortunately do not know anything about the reputation of detailers in L.A.

And just to be clear, I am not looking for a nice wash and a wax (my best friend owns multiple car washes, so I am handled there). I need the scratches permanently removed - compounded and polished out (am I using those words right? I did a fair bit of research).

It does not have to be perfect (seeing as I am not going to want to spend a fortune on a car I am leasing) but I would like it to be better.

Can you guys (and gals) recommend anyone for the Job? Or if you are a detailer in L.A, please send me a P.M so we can make arrangements.

Thank you in advance!

Looking forward to getting to know the community....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Show Car Detailing
Lucci Elite
Superior Shine not sure on the exact locations of each of them but they could assist you further if they aren't near you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Show Car Detailing
Lucci Elite
Superior Shine not sure on the exact locations of each of them but they could assist you further if they aren't near you.

Two of those are in the OC - which is a bit of a far drive for me, and out of range for the mobile services.

But I am going to send Superior Shine an email soon...

Thanks for the info! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts