Luxury4Play.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replica watches

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  RAWMEAN 
#1 ·
Ok, wierd thread for L4P i know.

Ive had my heart set on a Rolex Daytona WHITE for AGES but theres no way i can afford to lob down £8k on a watch!

However i can buy a replica of it for just £400.

Im wondering if anyone has any experiences of replicas and where to best buy them ? Im not going to go round acting that its real, i just like the style of it!

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't think you're going to get much of a positive reception on this. Replicas are knock-offs, which is technically trademark infringement...which is pretty equivalent to intellectual property theft.

It lessens the actual brand by having fakes floating around.
Would you carry a fake Louis Vuitton wallet?

#4 ·
Surely it only lessens the brand if you sell it as genuine when it isnt ?

If i had a product out there and someone went to a lot of trouble to make a replica of it i would see it as an achievement and as a compliment!

#6 ·
I'm going to go buy a Ferio put a Ferrari kit on it and sell it for $200k it almost looks the same and it's a compliment right!

Please don't tell me your serious? Its like buying gas station jewelry! Don't be a poser if you can't afford it don't buy it. Get a nice diesel watch with your money.

#5 ·
If it look EXACTLY like a Rolex and is sold as a Rolex replica, it's no accomplishment. It's theft of a design Rolex worked hard to create. That's all.

#11 ·
Listen. fakes are for fake people.

If you are REALLY into it.. read below
Now, that style of rolex has been ripped off plenty over the years. Buy yourself maybe a brandless homage or a style copy like invicta always does if you really want the look. Passing off a fake as real is lame as hell, but if you want the look as bad as you seem here. Pick up something that just looks similar.

Invicta Men's Swiss Speedway Watch 7115 - NextDayWatches.com

ugh i just suggested an invicta lol

#17 ·
Best thing to do is go look at other watches in your budget that has almost the same style and get that. As everyone said " save save save". There are tons of expensive watches out there i like but i dont want to get a replica what are you going to say if someone ask you if it is real or fake. Your going to look like a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.