Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there are alot members looking at this forum without the ability to buy the real luxury watches. For them, this topic could be very interesting.
Replica watches have a bad name when it comes to quality of the watches. Definitely in some countries people try to sell you fake breitlings for cheap prices. These watches fall apart in seconds.

A quick search on the internet shows some sites who sell high quality replica watches. Brands are offered like Rolex, IWC, Breguet to even Urwerk. Also, these watches aren't that cheap ($150 - $350). For me personally, I don't have the ability to buy the real unique watches ($25K+), but I really like the design/exclusivity of the watches and I would consider to pay $300 for a good quality replica watch.

I was wondering, even if its not a standard topic on this forum, who could tell me and others more about the quality of these replica watches. Does anyone have experience with this?

Jummel

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
replica watches mostly use Chinese movements just as thousands of non-replica watches in the affordable price range. They are cheap and they work. They may work for 6 months or 5 years while a $5 000 Rolex or a Panerai will last a life time.

At the end of the day the watch will tell time but it will not fool a person who knows the real thing (very few around and very few people know them).

PS. What watches are you looking at?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am considering a urwerk 203 or Breguet Marine. These watches have complicated clockworks so I'm not sure what to expect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn't go with the "Fake it til you make it" idea and its VERY easy to spot a fake.. even "AMAZING" 1:1 fakes are very easy to spot

dial (always wrong cutouts on AP's and so on)
spacing (date windows)
movement (quartz on an automatic)
finish
materials used

I would honestly say to buy what you can afford and never get a replica, If you can't afford a $25k watch but can buy a $250 fake watch, then why not buy a REAL $250 watch? No need to fake it, and once someone calls you out on it your credibility is down the tubes. There was a whole article on the internet showing exactly the conditions these fakes are made under and you will be supporting a very bad thing by just buying these things.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear the experiences because I have no clue what the condition of the high quality replica watches are. Any other experiences?

@meth69 I'm not the person who will show off with a replica watch, but my problem is I really prefer the luxury brands design/clockworks ;)
I already own a Seiko premier kinetic and I think it gets really boring quick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good to hear the experiences because I have no clue what the condition of the high quality replica watches are. Any other experiences?

@meth69 I'm not the person who will show off with a replica watch, but my problem is I really prefer the luxury brands design/clockworks ;)
I already own a Seiko premier kinetic and I think it gets really boring quick.
Jummel, if you prefer a luxury brand design and clockworks, you would be even more against a replica for that same reason. Everything you appreciate on an authentic watch is not there on a replica

They do not have the same internals (which makes a pricey watch pricey) T
hey do not have the same craftsmanship, they do not have the same materials (your rose gold is now just paint)
They do not have the real materials on the band.
The face of the watch is incorrect, even overpriced replicas which claim 1:1 have very blatant flaws that can be spotted by the eye. Problem is on an authentic watch the movement is extremely complicated. On the replica they do not reproduce the internals and because of that, the dials need to be altered to fit the watch. For example take an AP ROOS, go look at the numbers that are cut on a Authentic, then look at a replica, its always incorrect. Also the date window is always incorrect as well.

Trust me you will only be fooling yourself, and if you buy a $200-500 "good" replica, its just a $30 watch with a $200-500 pricetag on it, there is no such thing as a 1:1 replica regardless on what the websites say.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Trust me you will only be fooling yourself, and if you buy a $200-500 "good" replica, its just a $30 watch with a $200-500 pricetag on it, there is no such thing as a 1:1 replica regardless on what the websites say.
with 1;1 replicas you are paying 300$ for a 50-100$ watch just because it has a Fake Brand name on it. You should also look into Homage watches

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
You get what you pay for...personally i don't care for watches so i wouldn't care if someone wore a fake rolex or a real one. But to some people that's a big deal.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
This thread should be locked.
I couldn't disagree more. A user came on here asking for advice and guidance and in my opinion has gotten some pretty good advice and guidance. Just because we don't "like" or agree with something doesn't mean it should be locked. Only when it violates the rules of the board. (Which to the best of my knowledge this does not)

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You get what you pay for...personally i don't care for watches so i wouldn't care if someone wore a fake rolex or a real one. But to some people that's a big deal.
I disagree and that is why I agree with @D!Tailed this post could be used for information as well.

Problem is with a replica you do not even get what you pay for, you can go to canal street for $30 get a fake AP, you can search online and you will see them range from $50-1500 (yes $1500 for a damn replica) and they sell the watch to mis-informed people saying 1:1 exact replica and that alone puts nasty thoughts in peoples minds "why would I pay $17,000 if i can get a 1:1 for $450?!"

Well here is the thing, yes its a given its not the same movment (even though you can get auto on a replica) but the look itself doesn't even look like real one. Sure to the random person, but anyone who actually looks at it or knows anything about watches, you have a $450 piece of spray painted metal on your wrist. So if the internals are different 100% for sure, and it doesn't even "look" like the authentic, why bother you are only fooling yourself at that point.

A lot of replica sites will also list pictures of real watches so when you compare side by side, omg they are 1:1! but just go follow fakewatchbusta or the_rolex_inforcer on instagram, not only do they bust people but they educate as well, they spot fakes from tiny pics you look closer and read what they say and then you realize, omg its so obvious!

You have 1:1 replicas, that 2 of the 3 chronos have the same function lol, you have crazy QC issues, long hands, short markers, markers off center. You have wrong cutoffs on every fake AP, the list goes on and on.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I couldn't disagree more. A user came on here asking for advice and guidance and in my opinion has gotten some pretty good advice and guidance. Just because we don't "like" or agree with something doesn't mean it should be locked. Only when it violates the rules of the board. (Which to the best of my knowledge this does not)

my 2 cents.
There is no element of exclusivity in a replica. There is no respect to be earned by purchasing something cheaply-manufactured with communist labor. Trying to pass-off the wealthy vibe is just as fraudulent as the individuals who illegally manufacture and sell these items.

I'd rather not be part of a forum that highlights information on something that's illegal and ultimately against what this forum is supposed to represent. If you're not against something, you're a supporter. I happen to not support illegal practices--I'm under the impression that this forum wouldn't either, unless I'm mistaken, hence the "locked" comment.

My two cents.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is no element of exclusivity in a replica. There is no respect to be earned by purchasing something cheaply-manufactured with communist labor. Trying to pass-off the wealthy vibe is just as fraudulent as the individuals who illegally manufacture and sell these items.

I'd rather not be part of a forum that highlights information on something that's illegal and ultimately against what this forum is supposed to represent. If you're not against something, you're a supporter. I happen to not support illegal practices--I'm under the impression that this forum wouldn't either, unless I'm mistaken, hence the "locked" comment.

My two cents.
If you're not against something, you're a supporter..... What? I am sorry but that is a bit extreme don't you think? This forum is not a communist country.

I would think that this forum would be used for information. I don't think anyone other then the OP actually said they would even consider a replica. I just wanted to provide some input to the OP so the wording on websites aren't so tempting/alluring to him. If you appreciate authentic, then you're obviously against replicas. But even if you could care less about the shady practice behind the creation of a replica, at the very least let the person know it's not going to even look like the authentic, so even if your morals are lower then someone else's you're still not getting an item you think you are getting. I would rather have people add input and educate rather then shaking a finger and say "NO, NO REPLICA! NO" :)

Another thing to point out is, when you are buying a replica from these shady sites, there is no telling what happens to your credit card information. They are in a shady business and the websites typically close down and change names. Do you really want a company like that having your credit card information, or even worse sending them a western union?

As LaEnana mentioned, if anything go Invicta, they are pretty much the closest thing you can get to a legit knockoff, some people love them (because they pretty much copy the look of any popular watch out, mainly rolex) other people hate them (again because they try very hard to look like a rolex) and they are easy to find at 70% off because they base their pricing off a fake/bloated MSRP to begin with. But at least its a legit company

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Locking the thread is a little ridiculous. I think this is a good discussion. I too thought about picking up a replica a couple years ago and ended up going with a Citizen.

I love the looks of Richard Milles and probably will never be able to afford the $200k+ price tag but I just wouldn't feel right wearing a fake. Also what if someone did ask about your watch? You going to lie and say its real and that it costs a lot? or say the truth that its a replica?

Even if you set your budget at $2000 you can get a bunch of good watches from Citizen, Seiko, Tissot, Oris... just my "2 cents"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@ H J If you look at my first post you will see i started this topic to share experiences of replica watches. I also think meth68 did a great job giving us useful information about replica watches. So I also totally disagree to lock this thread.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

My two cents.
There is no exclusivity or quality in a replica, it's just the looks of a watch for a fraction of the price.

Respect is never purchased, real or fake.

Communist labour is the best labour.

·
Registered
183 Posts
People will think you're so rich! Your friends will think you're so cool! You may even "feel" rich!

And then you pull up in a 10 year old honda accord with a 200k watch on, lol.

Better find a replica ferrari kit while you're at it; do they make replica 15 million dollar homes as well? Let's hope so

1 - 20 of 51 Posts