Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered an odd small blemish on one of my ADV.1 wheels on the clear coat as shown in the photos, and wondering if it can be repaired without an entire refinish of the whole wheel. ADV.1 offered to take a look at it, but that would mean sending it in. My thought on wheels is that every time a wheel has to come off a car and off the tire, there is more potential for damage than it is worth, so that is why I am wondering if it may just be able to be repaired on the car (for instance maybe light sanding of that little spot, polish and then rattle can clear & buff just to that area). Not sure what that spot is. I tried some polish and that didn't work at all. Its a funky-ass spot that just bothers me; however one of those things we all know about that you know is there whereas most others would not even see it. Thanks.

ADV.1 by JanDaMan, on Flickr
ADV.1 by JanDaMan, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Looks like a stone chip?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not sure of the cause, but I would think a rock chip would leave sharp edges. This seems more smooth almost as if it is coming from inside. Maybe I will just drive it to a wheel repair shop and see if there may be some potential easier fix than having the wheel redone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts