Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have both an SL600 and Sl65, I found the SL600 with RENNtech engine mods has more bite than the stock Sl65. Both are fast, but the SL600 is more responsive and a little more fun to drive. It seems to ride more like a sports car too, maybe due to wheels since the 600 has 20" rims with smaller sidewall. I will know more about that when I get my 20/21 wheels on the 65. Some day will do the RENNtech on the 65 after I get over paying for the wheels. But for those wanting real bang for the buck, an SL600 with RENNtech is something to check out...scary fast, wear diapers.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
yeah ive read that a modded 600 is as fast or slightly faster than the stock 65.... but when you mod the 65, then it blows the 600 away :)

enjoy!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah some day I will get to RENNtechin the SL65 too. Maybe both have about the same HP, etc., but the SL600 RENNtech just seems much more crisp. Even as a stop light changes when I give it some gas just to get going, I have to be careful as it throws me back in the seat unintentional just touching the pedal to go. SL65 doesn't do that uless you lay into it more, so I am careful remembering which car I am in.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Yeah some day I will get to RENNtechin the SL65 too. Maybe both have about the same HP, etc., but the SL600 RENNtech just seems much more crisp. Even as a stop light changes when I give it some gas just to get going, I have to be careful as it throws me back in the seat unintentional just touching the pedal to go. SL65 doesn't do that uless you lay into it more, so I am careful remembering which car I am in.
Well the Renntech ECU is supposed to improve throttle response, and the package includes a transmission control upgrade.... its reprogrammed to have faster firmer shifts or something like that, probably with higher redline as well........ that would definitely explain why it feels faster/better even with similar power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts