Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
The process is very simple. You just need to remove the ECU and send it in to us. We will then tune the ECU and send it back to you for re install. Please feel free to email or call me with any questions or to place an order and send in your ECU.

What is the process for doing the RENNtech ECU chip upgrade from factory stock for an SL? The website didn't really explain. Do you send in your chip and they redo it, or new chip?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I just saw some info on that process on your web for various MBZ, with SL too. I see the location shown by the drivers side area, showing connections, but not sure what the ECU actually looks like. I will take a look at that area this weekend as maybe that is self explanatory once i look at the area. Is it really that easy, plug & play? Shops want me to bring in the car to have it done, so i just thought it was complex.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We have customers that remove the ECU them self and send it in and we customers that go to shops to handle it. I will leave that up to you if you want to send it in yourself or have a RENNtech dealer handle it. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks. I just saw some info on that process on your web for various MBZ, with SL too. I see the location shown by the drivers side area, showing connections, but not sure what the ECU actually looks like. I will take a look at that area this weekend as maybe that is self explanatory once i look at the area. Is it really that easy, plug & play? Shops want me to bring in the car to have it done, so i just thought it was complex.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
+1 for Renntech ..... Been sending ECU's to them for years and never had a single issue with the process.

A month or so ago I had a problem with my CLS63 transmission after someone decided to try and do burnouts with Traction Control on. I took out the ECU sent it to Renntech and the very next day they erased the tune and sent it back to me. Mercedes repaired the tranny under warranty :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts