Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RENNtech and ADV.1 present the World’s First 10 second AMG GT-S.

10.94 seconds @ 128 mph

Another successful collaboration between world renowned Mercedes-Benz Tuner RENNtech and Official Designer of the Wheel Industry, ADV.1 Wheels.

This GT-S is equipped with the latest RENNtech ECU upgrade and Downpipes with Sport Cats, as well as ADV5.2 Track Spec CS wheels.

The 10.94s @ 128mph quarter mile pass was achieved at Palm Beach International Raceway on June 19th 2015.

This marks just the beginning of the RENNtech tuning and performance development for the AMG GT-S.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Current RENNtech AMG GT-S products:

RENNtech AMG GT-S quarter mile video:

RENNtech, Inc.
http://www.renntechmercedes.com
www.renntechmercedes.com
7825 SW Ellipse Way
Stuart, FL 34997
Phone: 561.845.7888
Fax: 561.845.6777

Advance One Wheels, Inc.
ADV.1 Wheels - The Official Designer of The Wheel Industry
12385 SW 129th Court #101
Miami, FL 33186
Main: 305.238.0058

Photo credit | William Stern Photography | William Stern

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's a gorgeous auto w/perfect wheels & rake/stance But.. I'm hardly impressed a brand new latest/greatest $150k car needs ECU/Down Pipes/Sport hi-flo cats & aftermarket no doubt super lightweight wheels to barely match a 10+yr old nearly 5k pound SL65 w/ONLY ECU & drag tires on rear IE it has run faster/quicker actually @ 10.7x @ 129-130 mph
This is in NO WAY meant to be negative toward ADV1 or Renntech, BOTH offer excellent (though super expensive prod) Just noting not impressed w/Mercedes latest 2015 offering that's a super lightweight buggy w/double clutch? etc & still barely matching a 10+ yr old 65 amg? Sorry These cars should be much, much, faster than their predecessors !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Different animal...

An SL65 is no where near $150k, it's well in to the 200s.

600hp and 738 ft/lbs is considerably more than 503/479 as well.

It's apples to oranges. And having driven both, I'd take the GT every day of the week.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I realize this, but still think the newest AMG top tier offerings should at very least out pace a 10 yr old amg in ALL perf tests..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Different animal...

An SL65 is no where near $150k, it's well in to the 200s.

600hp and 738 ft/lbs is considerably more than 503/479 as well.

It's apples to oranges. And having driven both, I'd take the GT every day of the week.
Actually you're incorrect the BASE price when the SL65 amg came out was ONLY $30K more @ $180k As well as CURRENT SL65 AMG MODELS they sticker for $180k base, you've obviously mistaken my comments for the SL65 BLACK SERIES @$320k

·
Registered
131 Posts
Actually you're incorrect the BASE price when the SL65 amg came out was ONLY $30K more @ $180k As well as CURRENT SL65 AMG MODELS they sticker for $180k base, you've obviously mistaken my comments for the SL65 BLACK SERIES @$320k
The GTS base price is $130k. The SL65 base price is currently $215k.

Why would you expect a $130k AMG to be faster than a $215k AMG?

I haven't mistaken your comments in any way. I'll assume you haven't driven either car?

·
Registered
156 Posts
l have the right to disagree... U obviously don't get it.. & I've seen plenty of Sl65 amg's BASE price @ $180k so look further professor.. Umm maybe 10+ yrs of Tech & design advancements make me think the latest lightweight AMG w/superior Trans etc etc etc should be @ the very least faster in a straight line... Im not comparing the SL65 to a new base model C63 etc This latest GT-S should slaughter a 10+yr old 5k pound barge but it's barely in its SHADOW! LOL you know what they say about those who assume? I've owned a V12 Biturbo heavily modded for 6+ yrs.. Look up my handle doucher..

·
Registered
276 Posts
l have the right to disagree... U obviously don't get it.. & I've seen plenty of Sl65 amg's BASE price @ $180k so look further professor.. Umm maybe 10+ yrs of Tech & design advancements make me think the latest lightweight AMG w/superior Trans etc etc etc should be @ the very least faster in a straight line... Im not comparing the SL65 to a new base model C63 etc This latest GT-S should slaughter a 10+yr old 5k pound barge but it's barely in its SHADOW! LOL you know what they say about those who assume? I've owned a V12 Biturbo heavily modded for 6+ yrs.. Look up my handle doucher..
Every post you have made has come off very naive

·
Registered
276 Posts
You numb nutz..
How old are you kid? I don't normally like to educate kids on the net but you seem to be COMPLETELY lost with out somebody telling about how shit works in the car industry.

MB built the GT to be a 911 fighter, and as we all know ( I would think even you would knew this) 911's are all about balance and handling at the track and canyons. So when MB built this car straight line performance was the very LAST thing on their minds as that is what EVERY OTHER AMG is known for. It is not better at the SINGLE performance aspect that a SL65 was good at. And that is what you want to point out LOL...If somebody was as naive as you they would make the argument of the SL65 being trash because it doesn't handle like a C6 Z06, but they don't because you are the only one that doesn't seem to get it.

The GT is 9/10th the better car over the SL65 you are talking about (as well it should be) for less money and it is just these 2-3 mods away for being equal in the straight line aspect. So would you rather have the 9/10th car or the 1/10th car??? Exactly, Sit down shut your mouth and learn before you type dumb shit. You say these cars should be faster than their predecessors yet you are to dumb to realize that the GT isn't a predecessor to the SL class. It is in a class of it's own. When the next Gen GT comes out and it is slower in a straight line and on the track then your posts in this thread would make since.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts