Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What options did you chose which you ended up regretting shelling out money for a useless option on your new vehicle purchase?

Likewise which options did you omit and regretted later not getting?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Good idea for a thread. Will definitely help me out as I'm looking to get into something new in the next few months

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
A sunroof. WRX only comes with it on the highest possible package in Canada and I did not want leather seats, so I didn't get the sunroof.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Not an Exotic, but we omitted Leather seats (heated seats) on our new Ram, and now in the winters plowing it gets quite cold. As well as rear heated seats on the Audi A6, not many people ride in the back, but none the less it's just nice to have them

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not getting the Bi-Xenon lights on my Cayman S...

The retrofit is 3000-5000k done right too :/

·
Registered
490 Posts
I wouldn't say I "regret" getting the NAV package on my car, but in the 2+ years I've owned it, I've used it maybe 3-4 times max. The main reason I got it was because I optioned out the car with every other available option. So imo it would have been dumb to have a fully optioned out car minus the NAV. I also was thinking about resale value.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not getting the Bi-Xenon lights on my Cayman S...

The retrofit is 3000-5000k done right too :/
This is steering me more and more for the LED option on the Bimmer. Saw a Audi A6 today with LEDs.

~SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND~

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I didn't get bi-xenon headlamps on my Golf a few years back and I immediately regretted having forewent it; I had them on my old Audi and have them now on the MBZ and it makes a huge difference. The upgraded lighting packages typically stylistically look really sharp, but they're important from a safety perspective in ensuring the highest level and quality of road visibility at night. Apart from having different lighting elements, those elements are usually steerable which helps a lot even through wide sweeping bends, and we're seeing more advanced adaptive lighting which both improves the driver's visibility while shielding oncoming drivers from glare.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^Too bad that particular BMW LED tech is currently not legal in US, or so a little bird from Bimmerpost told me via lurking.

·
Registered
386 Posts
regret getting the sunroof package, I've used it maybe 3 times.

navigation for me is hit or miss, I never use it but it makes the dashboard LOOK a lot sharper

Also heavily regret not getting the sliding rear glass on my pickup truck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts