Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of getting parts wrapped up so I can drop a new LS2 based 403 stroker in my 1972 Chevelle. It's my daily driver and I want to get everything done pretty soon.

Apart from a new engine, i'm considering:
-New trim
-New weatherstripping
-New wheels
-Window tint

Here's the car:

I'm wanting to go with Forgeline wheels. Maybe some ZX3s or classic 5-Spoke design.

Either way, thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Wheels look fine to me. I like the classic look. New trim, new weather stripping, and LIGHT tint. Classic cars look silly with blacked out windows

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Im with Derek JCS nothing irks me more then window tint on a old classic but thats just my 2 cents. Car looks great and looking forward to some more pics with the new wheels.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
It's a great looking car. I would leave the wheels as is or maybe some Fikse wheels.

I have a 68 Camaro so I'm right there with you on refreshing. DEFINITELY new seals, trim, check plastics, also check bushings, and check for any rust anywhere.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Hmmm ... our five spoke CV2's with showing hardware would look nice on that. They work well with classics. We also have a few other wheel designs that would definitely look good. Shoot me a message here, I'll send some ideas over.

·
Registered
49 Posts
CH18,
Nice Chevelle!
Personally I like the wheels you have now. I think the motor upgrade is a good idea but not to hip on the tinted windows on a classic.
I just sold my daily driver '69 Chevy truck and am about to be driving a '72 Cuda daily.
I have built and owned several classics and hotrods over the years and the ones I have the fondest memories of are not the "show cars" but the daily drivers.
So do whatever makes you enjoy it the most and drive the hell out of it. You'll find they make memories.

Cheers!
Mickm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sweet Chevelle. Being that it's your daily, I'm not sure I would drop the coin on new trim. If your current stuff is in good shape, you may be better off with a good polish. New weather seals is a great idea. New engine? Why the hell not! Is it going to be a year round daily? Winter, too? If so, think about getting some heat to your carb for cold start up. It may take a while to get good fuel atomization without it. I dig the lowered stance. As far as tinting goes, with your exterior color, it would really help your Chevelle to take on a really cool sinister look.

Best of luck with everything!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input guys. Fortunately, I have another car for the colder months.

Maybe a no on the window tint, but yes, I at least need to get new trim for the hood and I also need to re-seal the rear and front glass. Too many leaks and the back looks like awful. And the weatherstripping is a must because the current seals are drying out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of getting parts wrapped up so I can drop a new LS2 based 403 stroker in my 1972 Chevelle. It's my daily driver and I want to get everything done pretty soon.

beautiful car. i support the choice in motor .

daily? hows it in the snow? ahhahah

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
I LOVE the engine choice...

Being that it does see the street and SUN, you might think about a light tint or a light green tint. Some of the old cars came with tint as an option

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think I could pull off gold haha. I talked to my local customs shop and they say I will probably have to go with a custom 3-piece design to fit my car. I might be holding off on the wheels for awhile.

But needless to say, the new motor should sound mean.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've got an appointment for tint on Saturday. Going with 35% all around.

As for wheels, I was thinking Forgeline GA1Rs, but they are a little out of my price range. Maybe one day.
Thinking about some Boze "Clutch" wheels now in black satin.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I've got an appointment for tint on Saturday. Going with 35% all around.

As for wheels, I was thinking Forgeline GA1Rs, but they are a little out of my price range. Maybe one day.
Thinking about some Boze "Clutch" wheels now in black satin.
That will look sick on your rod!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Horrible pic, but I had some tint put on today. Went with 20% because 35% just looked too light. The car looks much better in person.

Next thing on the list is getting rid of some of the chrome and wheels of course.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts