Luxury4Play.com banner

******* riviera (contemporary design)

8K views 37 replies 32 participants last post by  Chaos P. Bennu 
#1 ·
Here are some pics of my aunt and uncle's new vacation home. It is located in Orange Beach AL on a gated island on the intracoastal. They were in construction for over 3 yrs and endured a few hurricanes. The home is solid concrete construction and the glass is all hurricane resistant. It is the only contemporary design home on the entire island.

front from street

from water

matching boat house

pool area

See less See more
#6 ·
The home is fully automated, has a freaking server room, literally. All of the glass is covered by automated shades that are hidden in the ceiling when open.
the whole home is lit by fiber at night, fully programmable of course.

this stairway is visible from the street in the tallest part of the house when the blinds are open

#7 ·
Wow that is beautiful. Practically my dream house.

#14 ·
Really hard to put a figure on that house. They went through a couple architects before they could find what they wanted. Everything is custom. I think they paid around $400k for the lot several yrs. ago. Total construction maybe 3 bills. That staircase was like 40k or more.

#21 ·
Thanks so much

Thank you for posting these photos of your Aunt and Uncle's home in OB. I live in next-door Gulf Shores and am so happy to see that this awesome home is in my neighborhood.

I know the island and I look forward to seeing their home from the street or water when I am over that way.

It is very encouraging to see this creative, custom home in our area. We are not known for upscale architecture and furnishings. Most of what is built is look-alike low cost structures. It is a pleasure to see these photos of a home that has obviously had a great deal of thought.

I can't help but wonder if they imported the construction crew. If they used local crews, I did not know that workers down here are capable of this level of perfection.

Thanks,
Lundy Wilder
www.VillaLagoonTile.com

#22 ·
Thank you for posting these photos of your Aunt and Uncle's home in OB. I live in next-door Gulf Shores and am so happy to see that this awesome home is in my neighborhood.

I know the island and I look forward to seeing their home from the street or water when I am over that way.

It is very encouraging to see this creative, custom home in our area. We are not known for upscale architecture and furnishings. Most of what is built is look-alike low cost structures. It is a pleasure to see these photos of a home that has obviously had a great deal of thought.

I can't help but wonder if they imported the construction crew. If they used local crews, I did not know that workers down here are capable of this level of perfection.

Thanks,
Lundy Wilder
www.VillaLagoonTile.com
Most of the crew was local, but several things had to be done several times. It was a constant fight for them to get the level of finishes and furnishings that they wanted. It was definately a learning process for everyone involved. The were literally 3 years from groundbreaking to moving in. The went to buliders and decorator shows for a couple of years. Many of the fixtures and things are the first of their kind in the US.

This is not a sink you see everyday.

#24 ·
X infinity!!!!!!

I love it! Totally my style! So since it's in AL, this is worth what, $50k or 50 mil in Cali? lol jk!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.