Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Check out this powerful topless monster! We love the overall look and feel of this car, it has so much power and with the help of ADV + Renntech, it got a slight makeover to really set it off!

The full list of modifications:

-20" Front, 21" Rear ADV05DC Wheels in Brushed Face w/ Polished Lip
-RENNTECH Lowering Module
-RENNTECH ECU & Intercooler Pump Upgrade

What do you guys think? If you have any questions at all regarding any of the parts you see, please feel free to contact us by clicking HERE or Call us at 888-920-1766.

Reactions: TheRoadWarrior

·
Registered
545 Posts
I love this style of wheels it's popping up everywhere!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah, Alex did good on my car. We must have exchanged more than 100 emails in discussing various aspects of wheels, wheel size, tire types & sizes, etc. which to me shows ezcellent customer service. In my Flickr photo page I also have a few photos of what the car originally looked like with the 19" AMG wheels and also posted those nice photos done my TAG of the new wheel set up. I think the 20/21 set up made the car look a little more chunky to me in comparing before and after, but overall I think the look is much better and not so Plain Jane. In person the ADV wheels are just outstanding. Next step we were discussing is painting the brake calipers red, or maybe i am thinking about red Brembo setup, but that Brembo idea would be mo money. Would like to do photoshop to see how red would look before I do it. That car would really look nice with some dark side window tint too, but then I suppose I would get pulled over all the time with tickets. Flickr page: WIKD Cars & Such's photosets on Flickr

·
Registered
359 Posts
Did a little photoshop on one of the TAG photos to see what the brake calipers may look like in red and also in yellow in the links below. Not sure if I like it or not as it didn't seem to hit me right away as better. Opinions, good, bad, ugly, silver, red, yeller? Or maybe try a different color than red or yellow? Or just leave them silver & just save the money for tipping my massage therapist?: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/13783802694/in/set-72157639280034043/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/13941317713/in/set-72157639280034043/

RedBrakesSmall.jpg Yellow BrakesSmall.jpg TAG Merc SL65 ADV-5Small.jpg

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jan,

If it was my car - I would do the Red... Just looks so classy :)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ill never get tired of this bodystyle SL, so iconic and great setup!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Red calipers, tint the windows and get a carbon front lip, trunk spoiler and if they have one rear diffuser....Oh and the single fin grill.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I discovered a slow leak in my front right tire, about 2 - 3 PSI/month with the ADV.1 wheels on my SL65. Is that kind of normal for wheels that are not one solid piece? I checked the tires to be sure I had no nail. Someone warned me non solid wheels have a tendency to leak, but maybe that rate is somewhat normal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts