Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some engine upgrades that would effectively improve 0-60 times for my 2005 BMW 545i. I have no real knowledge of upgrades besides the basics (supercharger, turbocharger..) and any parts that you guys think would be a game changer would be much appreciated! :D THANKS! heres some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Get a different car lol

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
^ +1

Also, thats quite a process going on there for cleaning the wheels.

A hose with no nozzel, no soap and paper towels sitting directly on the ground eh?

·
Registered
61 Posts
+1 those cars are hard to mod. It would be easier with a e39

·
Registered
216 Posts
There really isn't much that you can upgrade for that model.

You can probably get an exhaust, CAI. Nothing much I can think of...

·
Registered
690 Posts
No mods available, its hard to get much more power out a naturally aspirated engine out without spending some serious money and being open minded to turbo/supercharger. Even a chip would only add like 15 ponies and air intakes/exhaust could get you an addition 8 or so, but even that will come at a premium. My suggestion is to sell the 545i and get a new 535i which should have a Dinan tune coming out shortly.

·
Registered
620 Posts
How much of an improvement in 0-60 are you looking for?

If available, I'd recommend a shorter (numerically higher) ring & pinion gear. Also, if traction in first gear is an issue, some wider wheels with performance tires can shave a few tenths off 0-60 times.

Weight is also a factor. A carbon fiber hood and front fenders... Trunk lid... Maybe even carbon door skins. Lightweight forged wheels. The best thing about shaving weight is that it increases pretty much all areas of performance. Better acceleration, handling, and braking.

Just tossing ideas out there...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts