Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just whipped this up earlier and wanted to share. It is a "cream free" recipe.

1/4 lb of Panchetta
2 Tbs. Fresh Garlic coarsley chopped
Fresh Ground Black Pepper and Salt to Taste
5 Tbs Olive Oil
1 lb of Linguini or Fettucini
4 Large eggs beaten well
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1 Tbs of Coarsley Chopped fresh Italian Parsley

In a large saute pan, over medium heat, cook the Panchetta until crispy. Remove the Panchetta and drain on paper towels. Pour off all of the oil except for 3 tablespoons. Add Olive Oil then add the garlic. Season with black pepper. Saute for 30 seconds. Add the crispypanchetta and the pasta. Saute for 1 minute. Season the eggs with salt. Remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken, but do not scramble. Add the cheese and re-season with salt and pepper. Mound into serving bowls and garnish with parsley and a splash of Balsalmic Vinegar if you can handle it. ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well done! I'd eat that.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Wish I had it right now.

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I miss seeing all the boys post up recipes in here so I guess I'll be the chick and post up some more later ;)

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I love carbonara. Quiznos subs, pasta... So fattening but soooooo good!

Now I'm hungry. Thanks Aimee.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Been wanting to try this for some time now. Wife's been craving pasta. Will definitely do this week. Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been wanting to try this for some time now. Wife's been craving pasta. Will definitely do this week. Thanks for posting!
Wow. Another Guy who cooks for their Wife? Lucky girl. Do you have a brother? :lol: jk jk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tried making carbonara some time ago but it ended more in pasta with sracmbled eggs. :( So no "real" carbonara.
Was my temperature too high or what could have been the problem?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Wow. Another Guy who cooks for their Wife? Lucky girl. Do you have a brother? :lol: jk jk
I love to cook, esp with someone in helping in the kitchen- wish I could more often but with moving every 3mths its hard to pack kitchen supplies in an already limited space.

I love pasta carbonara- sadly this is how I get mine on

(typical bachelor fashion haha)
Nik

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried making carbonara some time ago but it ended more in pasta with sracmbled eggs. :( So no "real" carbonara.
Was my temperature too high or what could have been the problem?
I turn the heat off. That is really the only part you can mess up. I have learned through trial and error. YOu have to beat the s#$T out of the eggs too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts