Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Or Fake? Time Traveler On Cell Phone Seen In 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film [Video] - ThisIs50.com

he subject of time traveling generally only comes up when you're watching a movie, or reading a science fiction novel.

A European film maker by the name of George Clarke, claims to have found evidence of a real life time traveler in a 1928 film featuring Charlie Chaplin.

Read what George has to say about the discovery below, then check out the clip.

"This short film is about a piece of footage I (George Clarke) found behind the scenes in Charlie Chaplins film 'The Circus'. Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA - the scene shows a large woman dressed in black with a hat hiding most of her face, with what can only be described as a mobile phone device - talking as she walks alone.

I have studied this film for over a year now - showing it to over 100 people and at a film festival, yet no-one can give any explanation as to what she is doing.

My only theory - as well as many others - is simple... a time traveler on a mobile phone. See for yourself and feel free to leave a comment on your own explanation or thoughts about it."

George - 20th October 2010

:confused:

Cant post the video no idea why.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Where are the cell towers?

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is pretty interesting. It does look like she's on a mobile device or she can just be a crazy lady talkin' to herself.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of me says its a time traveler the other says just a crazy lady. But the video really makes you wonder..

·
Registered
889 Posts
Who was she talking to!?!?!? Interesting to say the least....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe she's holding a hearing horn.
Maybe she's talking to herself.
Maybe it's a seashell she discovered as a girl and is talking to it.
Maybe it's anything small that she is holding and talking to.
Maybe it IS a phone she's talking into, doesn't mean it works.

Long before car phones existed my father had one screwed into the dash of his truck in the 60's as a joke and walk talk on it while driving to mess with people.

Anyone else have this video to confirm it's not faked? He's standing in front of a movie poster... publicity stunt?

Here's some interesting info on phones in the 1930's:

1930's Telephone
Forget cell phones! In the 1930's a private-eye office was really something if it even had a telephone. Phone numbers were usually only two letters and three numbers. In many big cities, there was a total of maybe 1000 phones in use at the most.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
That was fun. Having said that, it could be anything. Only recently did a hand to the ear become the universal sign for "talking on the phone".

Looking for explanations for four seconds of unexplained, random behavior in a video seems silly. I bet you could sit at the airport and see plenty of people doing things that make you wonder "what the hell is that person doing?"

·
Registered
936 Posts
We will never know... pretty cool to ponder about though.

If he/she/it were a time traveler, why would one think that they would need towers to send and receive a signal? If these beings are capable of time travel, it is highly probable that they have forms of communication far more advanced than our own.

It could be anyone or anything. :stirthepot: :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was fun. Having said that, it could be anything. Only recently did a hand to the ear become the universal sign for "talking on the phone".

Looking for explanations for four seconds of unexplained, random behavior in a video seems silly. I bet you could sit at the airport and see plenty of people doing things that make you wonder "what the hell is that person doing?"
I was thinking the same thing about the universal sign for talking on phone. but i read what someone else wrote about only 1000 numbers are in one city. But then again this video is from hollywood where a lot of rich people lived even back then. So maybe they had a phone at home and were talking to someone infront of them off camera angel. Lol this is making me think hard like inception.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also figured out with some reading that it could be a portable radio..
the first portable radio was really bulky compared to today's standards, but was technically portable. Called the "Portaphone" it was developed by the US Bureau of Standards in Washington in 1920.

who knows..

·
Registered
333 Posts
could be checking a pocket watch to see if it's working..... then simply making a comment based on that finding...

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
fucking IPHONE 4!!!

:laugh:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts